too much health talk, but i got my cholesterol results just now! not thrilled

too much health talk, but i got my cholesterol results just now! not thrilled

June 25th, 2012, 9:30 pm #1

After losing 12 lbs and watching my diet my cholesterol has went from 227 to 212 as of 7 weeks later..the Good news is triglycerides are down from 175 to 112 hdl is back up in the 50s and you can subtract from 212 for my ldl..not a huge improvement but the number as they balance are wayy better..A few more months of working at it perhaps i can get to ideal range.best regards, Rob

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>

June 25th, 2012, 9:50 pm #2

That don't sound too awfully bad, and good on you for making the effort and getting results.
Keep up the good work you may just need another week or two to get where you want to be.

James S
Last edited by jamesinadvance on June 25th, 2012, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 25th, 2012, 9:53 pm #3

After losing 12 lbs and watching my diet my cholesterol has went from 227 to 212 as of 7 weeks later..the Good news is triglycerides are down from 175 to 112 hdl is back up in the 50s and you can subtract from 212 for my ldl..not a huge improvement but the number as they balance are wayy better..A few more months of working at it perhaps i can get to ideal range.best regards, Rob

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>
that should help you understand the reason .Mine was like 235 for many years,but because I am Italian  I get a 20 point benefit,mine was down to 190,fine with me,I ain't sweating ,it takes time,don't sweat it.

June 25th, 2012, 10:01 pm #4

...you will most certainly get in shape, and fast. Weight will drop, and you will become much stronger. The draw back? It sucks, and sucks, and sucks some more. Just got in an hour ago. Man, what a day. Eating right with the workout routine will lower those stats for ya'!

Keep it up, numbers will come down.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

June 25th, 2012, 10:52 pm #5

<p>the Mrs. gets her's check twice a year. they have target numbers for 6 month period, and they react/adjust accordingly. then give the changes the next 6 to act</p><p>cholesterol mamangement is long term. </p>

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

June 25th, 2012, 11:10 pm #6

That don't sound too awfully bad, and good on you for making the effort and getting results.
Keep up the good work you may just need another week or two to get where you want to be.

James S

June 25th, 2012, 11:10 pm #7

that should help you understand the reason .Mine was like 235 for many years,but because I am Italian  I get a 20 point benefit,mine was down to 190,fine with me,I ain't sweating ,it takes time,don't sweat it.
Yes..im gonna watch my intiake and keep exercising

June 25th, 2012, 11:12 pm #8

...you will most certainly get in shape, and fast. Weight will drop, and you will become much stronger. The draw back? It sucks, and sucks, and sucks some more. Just got in an hour ago. Man, what a day. Eating right with the workout routine will lower those stats for ya'!

Keep it up, numbers will come down.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."
Get back into running..been lifting and eating right but i think even a mile a day would really help.id love to go for another basic training like experience at 31..lol

June 25th, 2012, 11:14 pm #9

<p>the Mrs. gets her's check twice a year. they have target numbers for 6 month period, and they react/adjust accordingly. then give the changes the next 6 to act</p><p>cholesterol mamangement is long term. </p>

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic
Fast but this will be a lifelong thing.

June 26th, 2012, 12:22 am #10

Since most guidelines suggest an LDL below 100, you do have aways to go. But you'll make it.

Meanwhile, the good news is that one of the better medications for raising HDL (the "good" cholesterol) is...

Steve