To James Perotti, I woulda posted below, but it was locked

To James Perotti, I woulda posted below, but it was locked

lhd

August 24th, 2007, 5:56 pm #1

Well, I read your post clearing up your part in the trigger origin, and accept that it wasnt yours, but Steve has already now admitted it realy WAS an old Mauser idea that is widespread in the shootiing world, and he was simply applying it to another model gun. I would give Steve credit for marketing the thing, but he's not doing that either, that being Charlie Tuna and the new guy Skylar.

Yes, for some reason, i was thinking you were the one primarily working on all of Steve's projects for him, and it was for this reason I assigned YOU credit for that trigger. See, when a guy has a new idea and has someone else execute (build) it, very often, there are bugs, twists, turns, etc that need to be sorted out by the builder and the guy that came up with the primary concept often fails to recognize em, or even takes full credit for this! But in this case the primary concept was already old so, the most work was done by the builder!

So, if you did'nt do it ... hey, my memory is now allowing as perhaps it was that Charlie Tuna guy after all that deserves credit as the father of this thing?

Yah, I'll still keep assuming you are the mainn man behind making that floppy scope ideer work, but I guess Charliie get credit he's due for the trigger thing .....

Now perhaps I understand a little why Steve is using the term plagerize when he claims foul .... he feels the way to invent new ideas is to read about em, and the way to execute them is to write about em?

August 24th, 2007, 5:59 pm #2

Them's fightin' words, if I ever did hear 'em!

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

August 24th, 2007, 6:09 pm #3

I haven't had to time to get out on the water, myself. Just wondering how the sand bass run was this year.

Staying on topic with the forum, HWs are better than Gamos!

Ed B... leaning back in the recliner, with bag of popcorn and soda at hand waiting for the show!

lhd

August 24th, 2007, 6:18 pm #4

Them's fightin' words, if I ever did hear 'em!

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Then locking the thread cause you have the keys, well, its just sad. I hope JP gets a say if he wants

August 24th, 2007, 6:40 pm #5

I haven't had to time to get out on the water, myself. Just wondering how the sand bass run was this year.

Ed B... leaning back in the recliner, with bag of popcorn and soda at hand waiting for the show!
I popped a couple red squirrels yesterday and the day before.
Lovin' that R9. It now features a Leapers 1-pc mount with a Leupy 3-9x33EFR and an Apex muzzle brake.
Here's a blurry cell-phone pic:

Last time I went fishing, a 24+ inch channel cat pulled my snap swivel apart and made off with my $5 Mepps spoon! It was fun while it lasted
--
Dan (in NY)

August 24th, 2007, 7:06 pm #6

I get out about every other day

q1q

August 24th, 2007, 7:08 pm #7

Well, I read your post clearing up your part in the trigger origin, and accept that it wasnt yours, but Steve has already now admitted it realy WAS an old Mauser idea that is widespread in the shootiing world, and he was simply applying it to another model gun. I would give Steve credit for marketing the thing, but he's not doing that either, that being Charlie Tuna and the new guy Skylar.

Yes, for some reason, i was thinking you were the one primarily working on all of Steve's projects for him, and it was for this reason I assigned YOU credit for that trigger. See, when a guy has a new idea and has someone else execute (build) it, very often, there are bugs, twists, turns, etc that need to be sorted out by the builder and the guy that came up with the primary concept often fails to recognize em, or even takes full credit for this! But in this case the primary concept was already old so, the most work was done by the builder!

So, if you did'nt do it ... hey, my memory is now allowing as perhaps it was that Charlie Tuna guy after all that deserves credit as the father of this thing?

Yah, I'll still keep assuming you are the mainn man behind making that floppy scope ideer work, but I guess Charliie get credit he's due for the trigger thing .....

Now perhaps I understand a little why Steve is using the term plagerize when he claims foul .... he feels the way to invent new ideas is to read about em, and the way to execute them is to write about em?
<P>Everyone in your replies please stick to facts as you see them and leave out your personal feelings.</P>
<P>Thank you.</P>
<P> </P>

Steve
Yellow Forums Administrator
http://www.yellowforum.com

"Our unity is our strength."

August 24th, 2007, 7:53 pm #8

nt

comin' at you from the supply side

MCW

August 24th, 2007, 8:07 pm #9

just who would win....My money would be on Steve in NC.

I've had private emails and telephone conversations with Steve and I can say that he has PLENTY of ideas for new, innovative, shooting-related products that go WAY beyond what he has done so far.

Craig W.

August 24th, 2007, 8:39 pm #10

...spun out of thin air with absolutely no information or evidence whatsover of the events or people involved is: jealousy.

I'll let it go at that.

Except to add that the only thing you are right about, is that James is a very creative guy and a very skilled gunsmith and machinest.

Steve