TM1000 Travel case

TM1000 Travel case

August 5th, 2012, 3:29 pm #1

My Pelican 1700 case is all fitted for my TM1000 and ready to travel to Norway next week. I used one of these cases last year with my Steyr and found it to be rock solid. This case meets the luggage standards for airline usage without generating extra baggage fees. I also prefer to negotiate airport terminals with the smaller, less conspicuous case. It just doesn't "scream" gun like a standard long case does.

Harold

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Harold Rushton

August 5th, 2012, 3:55 pm #2

I also like the hey this might not be a gun felling in the airport. I would travel to my fathers house in AZ and bringing the 1750 was a pain in the ***. I also like the two point sling. Im in the process of putting one on as we speak.

God speed and break a leg,

Brent s

August 5th, 2012, 4:23 pm #3

Brent,

Thanks! I also like the fact that my TM1000 only has one screw holding the stock to the action. With this set up it's really easy to pack up and go.

I have my sling attached at two points, but I shoot offhand with it using the one point configuration. It has a quick release on the rear stud that allows me to quickly detach and use as a single point. It works great that way. Of course it meets WFTF core rules as well.

Take care,

Harold
Harold Rushton

August 5th, 2012, 4:59 pm #4

My Pelican 1700 case is all fitted for my TM1000 and ready to travel to Norway next week. I used one of these cases last year with my Steyr and found it to be rock solid. This case meets the luggage standards for airline usage without generating extra baggage fees. I also prefer to negotiate airport terminals with the smaller, less conspicuous case. It just doesn't "scream" gun like a standard long case does.

Harold

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
I like the layout of the components in the case. Well protected.

Good luck in Norway.

Remember to have fun while there.

Best regards,
Mark

August 5th, 2012, 5:19 pm #5

Brent,

Thanks! I also like the fact that my TM1000 only has one screw holding the stock to the action. With this set up it's really easy to pack up and go.

I have my sling attached at two points, but I shoot offhand with it using the one point configuration. It has a quick release on the rear stud that allows me to quickly detach and use as a single point. It works great that way. Of course it meets WFTF core rules as well.

Take care,

Harold
travel safely and shoot well Harold! Don't forget a backpack with lots of snack type items. I just remember you saying the single pack of snack crackers didnt go very far in Italy...Lol...
Last edited by JD400 on August 5th, 2012, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 5th, 2012, 7:15 pm #6

Harold

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Nice set up. It's the same case I use with my Steyr for the same reasons. Small enough to avoid extra charge and not as "gun casey" as some. I even put a Taylor Guitar sticker on mine!

Greg S

August 5th, 2012, 7:39 pm #7

Greg,

I was in a hotel a few years ago on an elevator with one of my really large rifle cases. Another guy on the elevator wanted to know what kind of guitar I had in the case. So, I guess even an oversized case will pass sometimes as a guitar case. It's just a lot less conspicuous using the shorty case.

Good plan with the sticker!

Harold
Harold Rushton

August 5th, 2012, 7:42 pm #8

travel safely and shoot well Harold! Don't forget a backpack with lots of snack type items. I just remember you saying the single pack of snack crackers didnt go very far in Italy...Lol...
Yes, I plan to pack an extra snack this year! LOL I will be shooting the evening relay on Friday and Sunday. So, my start time is after lunch. Saturday ooks like I will be on a morning relay. Should be a load of fun!

Harold
Harold Rushton

August 7th, 2012, 1:29 am #9

Harold

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

K

August 7th, 2012, 3:38 pm #10

I see that many break their rifles down to fit into the smaller cases to avoid extra luggage charge. What do you do when traveling to and from your hotel and the range? Do you break the rifle down every time and case it back up? Or do you bring a soft case to carry it around without having to tear it down for short trips? Or some other plan?

Thanks

Jeff P