Thought I'd take my Benjamin pump apart and..

Thought I'd take my Benjamin pump apart and..

April 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm #1

see what's what inside. Holy s#it Batman; moisture, crud and corrosion up the ying-yang! It was still working OK, although I don't know how! I use it exclusively for charging my Marauder so it gets a workout. Anyway, I cleaned everything up as well as possible (some of the corrosion had etched the metal pretty bad), lubed it with silicone grease and spray, and re-assembled. Fairly easy operation, and you can bet I'm going to be doing it a LOT more often!

April 19th, 2010, 3:55 am #2

I just did a rebuild on mine this past week. I only had to replace a few of the o-rings. It really wasn't that hard to do. I also plumbed a mini-dri-filter in mine as well approx a yr ago. these pumps are really pretty well made.....

April 19th, 2010, 4:18 am #3

see what's what inside. Holy s#it Batman; moisture, crud and corrosion up the ying-yang! It was still working OK, although I don't know how! I use it exclusively for charging my Marauder so it gets a workout. Anyway, I cleaned everything up as well as possible (some of the corrosion had etched the metal pretty bad), lubed it with silicone grease and spray, and re-assembled. Fairly easy operation, and you can bet I'm going to be doing it a LOT more often!
If you have a moment, next time you clean your pump out, you would do many many guys a great service if you could take a few photos or make a short video (youtube) explaining what/how you cleaned it up.

Since this is the internet - the land of entitlement - Only a few would actually take the time to thank you. But, I'd be one of them.

April 19th, 2010, 6:10 am #4

said in several posts that the benji pump is assembled with very little lube and apparently assembled in a sand pit. mine was so filthy and corroded after very little use it stopped working and i had to disassemble it. that's when i found all the crud. used carb spray and an old toothbrush to clean it. reassembled it with the same o-rings and a generous amount of silicone grease. works perfectly now.

April 19th, 2010, 7:15 am #5

Would also like to see a disassembly breakdown(hopefully with pictures)

April 19th, 2010, 7:51 am #6

If you have a moment, next time you clean your pump out, you would do many many guys a great service if you could take a few photos or make a short video (youtube) explaining what/how you cleaned it up.

Since this is the internet - the land of entitlement - Only a few would actually take the time to thank you. But, I'd be one of them.
You can change to English to read. Not much said, but great pics.

http://www.ballestaperu.com/comunidades ... .html#6257

April 19th, 2010, 11:05 am #7

Would also like to see a disassembly breakdown(hopefully with pictures)
Where did you get the replacement o rings for the pump.
Last edited by unclej1951 on April 19th, 2010, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 19th, 2010, 11:17 am #8

If that crud is in the pump wouldn't there be more crud in the gun? Or, does the pump have a filter in it?
John

April 19th, 2010, 1:14 pm #9

but after taking my rifle down, found none the the black crud in the air tube,valve,etc.
Gary

April 19th, 2010, 1:18 pm #10

Where did you get the replacement o rings for the pump.
I have a kit of Viton orings that will work.Send me an e mail.
Gary