Thinking of trying pcp but I have some questions.

Thinking of trying pcp but I have some questions.

August 10th, 2006, 6:30 pm #1

I have been doing searches on here trying to find some answers but I still have a few questions.
I am looking at either the S400/S410 ERB, or S400/410 Classic.

What are the major differences between these guns?
With them not being regulated what am I looking at in accuracy as far shot to shot consistancy and vertical drop.

What kind of groups am I going to see at say 50yrds?

I was thinking about also getting the carbon fiber 4500psi tank but I am having trouble locating anyplace here in Indianapolis, IN that can fill that high, the most I can find is 3000. Can somebody maybe familiar with indy tell me where to go or how I can fill it short of buying a compressor. If I can't fill it I'll just get a standard 3000psi tank.

Thanks for any help

bill h.

Their are no problems, just opportunities for a solution.
Last edited by mfgwwh on August 10th, 2006, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 10th, 2006, 6:44 pm #2

most will have it and give you no problems. 410s are not regulated and my 410E (older version) shoots 970-990-970 over 20 shots from a 180 bar fill with JSB 16g pellets and could probably keep a 1/2 inch group at 50 yards with the right shooter and conditions. I think the difference between the two would be length and power with the EB being the longest and most power. I dont know if the shorter of the two has adjustable power but the EB does.

August 10th, 2006, 6:52 pm #3

I have been doing searches on here trying to find some answers but I still have a few questions.

With them not being regulated what am I looking at in accuracy as far shot to shot consistancy and vertical drop.

I was thinking about also getting the carbon fiber 4500psi tank but I am having trouble locating anyplace here in Indianapolis, IN that can fill that high, the most I can find is 3000. Can somebody maybe familiar with indy tell me where to go or how I can fill it short of buying a compressor. If I can't fill it I'll just get a standard 3000psi tank.

Thanks for any help

bill h.

It has a very nice swing wieght and is only 3" longer then the Carbine version. The ERB has a bit more power and longer and heavier swing weight but it still is good.

As for me I get 4 magazines which is 40 shots before I refill. In the field you hardly notice a change in POI.

As for how it does at 50 yds. That is the distance I sight it in at. It seems everything is always about 50 yds out. The 410 is awesome at 50 yds and it still has about 20 fpe with .22 Kodiaks.

I bought my AA 410 to scratch my Rapid MFR itch. And so far it is doing it rather well.

Steve at PAG is a good source as well as SS

Adam in SoCal
" I am the Hammer, You are the Nail"

August 10th, 2006, 7:15 pm #4

Thanks for any help

bill h.

....they give me my air for free....4500 psi.

Randy

http://www.adventuresinairguns.com

August 10th, 2006, 7:28 pm #5

Thanks for any help

bill h.

http://www.pomona-airguns.com/AA4XX.htm
There are some good details there..
Just be aware that some dealers may have pictures
of older models of the S series.
And some may have older versions in stock too.

Not regulated, so you are limited to 20 or 30 nice flat shots.
(In most cases).
With my 177 S400ERB set for 18-19fpe, I get 32 good FT quality shots before
I have to revisit the air station..
I'm pretty sure that some of these rifles can shoot 0.5" at 50 yards.

IMO, the only problems areas are the trigger (which is good, but can be MUCH better)
and cold weather can loosen the epoxy on the baffles and they get shot out..
(Getting lost in the snow).
It's easy to re-work the trigger and the baffles can be made to stay put
with a small bead of JB weld around the end of the muzzle.

One other item posted here is, if the dog knocks over your rifle, the muzzle section can bend.
It's a very thin tube, with the actual barrel about 4" from the end.
I've banged mine on window & door frames & the inside of my car, so far,
it has not been bent.

50 yards 0.588" in light wind.

Cheers,
Rich

PS:
Scuba info
http://www.pilkguns.com/scuba.htm
Last edited by RLT59 on August 10th, 2006, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 10th, 2006, 7:42 pm #6

It has a very nice swing wieght and is only 3" longer then the Carbine version. The ERB has a bit more power and longer and heavier swing weight but it still is good.

As for me I get 4 magazines which is 40 shots before I refill. In the field you hardly notice a change in POI.

As for how it does at 50 yds. That is the distance I sight it in at. It seems everything is always about 50 yds out. The 410 is awesome at 50 yds and it still has about 20 fpe with .22 Kodiaks.

I bought my AA 410 to scratch my Rapid MFR itch. And so far it is doing it rather well.

Adam in SoCal
adjustable power from the factory or is that an aftermarket mod on that model?

August 10th, 2006, 9:09 pm #7

NT

Adam in SoCal

August 11th, 2006, 12:30 am #8

adjustable power from the factory or is that an aftermarket mod on that model?
Hi Fred, take a look on the Precision Air home page. There is now a HRB (classic) and CRB (carbine). Anybody have one?

Terry

August 11th, 2006, 1:15 am #9

going to like that! Carbine 410 with factory power adjust, she will be really pi$$ed if I can get it in a walnut version. HO BOY!
Last edited by 2AMEND on August 11th, 2006, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 11th, 2006, 2:13 am #10

Adam in SoCal
Frankly, that doesn't tell the whole story. I can tell you and everyone else that 3" is significantly longer. My Cyclone is "ONLY" 4 inches longer than my AA S410 Carbine and I can say with CERTAINTY that the Cyclone feels like I am holding a 10 foot long stick compared to the AA S410 Carbine. And my Cyclone is ONLY 1" longer than the Classic.

--------------------------------------------
Oh great Da iry, please accept this offering of dead vegetation in return for your wonder tonic.
Last edited by blown46 on August 11th, 2006, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.