Thinkinbg hard about switching to Open Piston for the Nevada Match

Thinkinbg hard about switching to Open Piston for the Nevada Match

May 8th, 2017, 9:02 pm #1

For a few reasons:

Ive not had time (work, illness and weather, it just stop snowing and raining this weekend....), had issues with my fill station Im still working out, and Ive lost my setup and practice field to (sub)urban sprawl.

Also easier to haul just the gun around when I can find somewhere close to home to shoot/practice.......

How much driving my self nuts (more so than normal ) am I in for? And what about swapping back for the rest of the season?

Still on the fence about doing it, and may not after getting some feed back....

TIA

dan

May 9th, 2017, 1:44 am #2

To get one of these ...

RWS 54 or 56 ...

$500 will get you a nice used one.

a bone stock one in .177 will shoot JSB Heavies at 17 - 18 ft lbs

See how you like it and how you do ...in open spring piston ...

Then If you are feeling brave and flush .. I highly recommend converting it to 12 ft lbs.... and come join the insanity in WFTF Springer division.

Next we meet I'll let you shoot mine and you'll understand why I'm smiling like the Cheshire cat ....

Stay well

JB

May 9th, 2017, 1:53 am #3

For a few reasons:

Ive not had time (work, illness and weather, it just stop snowing and raining this weekend....), had issues with my fill station Im still working out, and Ive lost my setup and practice field to (sub)urban sprawl.

Also easier to haul just the gun around when I can find somewhere close to home to shoot/practice.......

How much driving my self nuts (more so than normal ) am I in for? And what about swapping back for the rest of the season?

TIA

dan
I love my piston guns. They are more difficult to master but the reward is when you do, Your improved technique carries over to the precharged quite well. If you do swap you will be in good company. looks like we are going to have several piston shooters this year.

May 10th, 2017, 1:17 am #4

For a few reasons:

TIA

dan
go for Open Class pal!! i love the power.

Lator Gator

Open class is coming back real strong. look forward to the next few years.
Last edited by Thumpman1 on May 10th, 2017, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

May 10th, 2017, 4:30 pm #5

I love my piston guns. They are more difficult to master but the reward is when you do, Your improved technique carries over to the precharged quite well. If you do swap you will be in good company. looks like we are going to have several piston shooters this year.
my fill station issues here, mean I cant get air to setup the USFT.....

Hence the Piston question...

but I may have fixed it, we'll see tonight

May 10th, 2017, 4:33 pm #6

go for Open Class pal!! i love the power.

Lator Gator

Open class is coming back real strong. look forward to the next few years.
WFTF... some day...

right now though just trying to get setup for the NV match with something to shoot, and hopefully well

May 11th, 2017, 12:03 am #7

and many hunter class shooters would find them extremely stable to shoot from. i see many Hunter class shooters migrating on over to open class where they can use higher magnification and increased range finding capability. so we may see many more to come in Open class in the future imo.

R
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

May 11th, 2017, 3:10 pm #8

high mag scopes, harness.... divine intervention....

May 11th, 2017, 3:14 pm #9

To get one of these ...

RWS 54 or 56 ...

$500 will get you a nice used one.

a bone stock one in .177 will shoot JSB Heavies at 17 - 18 ft lbs

See how you like it and how you do ...in open spring piston ...

Then If you are feeling brave and flush .. I highly recommend converting it to 12 ft lbs.... and come join the insanity in WFTF Springer division.

Next we meet I'll let you shoot mine and you'll understand why I'm smiling like the Cheshire cat ....

Stay well

JB

Love the stock. Is it a custom stock.
I like the rounded over edges.
David Enoch

May 11th, 2017, 9:34 pm #10

Just a regular old RWS56 TH