Think a Marauder could fit in this stock?

Think a Marauder could fit in this stock?

May 3rd, 2010, 8:20 pm #1

The gentleman looking to sell said the tube inlet measures approx 1.25" which is the same as the Marauder air tube. Stock is from an Anschutz 2002. I know it's nuts but I just can't go for a Marauder without a more target-style stock.

May 3rd, 2010, 8:27 pm #2

mill the back end to fit the 1.25" tube. Of course the mounting screw would need to be relocated and a hole drilled for the gauge. Possibly float the front portion of the tube as well. Also may have to fiddle with the trigger block fit.

Jeff P

May 3rd, 2010, 8:31 pm #3

Usually I get crickets when I post these kinds of things - lol!

So on the Marauder the tube shape goes all the way to the rear of the rifle is what you are saying? And, yes I'd be curious to see where the single stock screw for the Marauder falls on this stock as well as the air gauge.

The seller was very gracious and said he may consider shipping it to me so I can check fit before I purchase. I'd love a Corcoran etc stock but they are just too much for me to purchase and aren't truly target style for the most part. Be nice if Crosman would step up and release one.

May 3rd, 2010, 8:47 pm #4

I believe the Marauder fits in a similar fashion as the Discovery. The tube sits in the inletting and the trigger block hangs free. At least that is what my Discovery is like. I fit a Discovery into a QB target stock and set the tube into the stock from the back end to about an inch in front of the air gauge. Then the rest of the tube floats free to the end.

It looks like the inletting may be just a tad bigger than 1.25" from the ruler he is showing. I dont own an Anschutz but it looks like the breech fits into the inletting, similar to an EV2, and then the tube is free floating all of the way.

Maybe it could be glass bedded to fit the Marauder tube for a short portion and then free floated. Another thing to consider is where the trigger falls in relationship to the grip. If you had the stock you could see where it feels comfortable and then see how far the back end of the tube extends past the end of the stock, where one might rest their thumb in an upright position.

It could possibly be done if you had the stock to examine to see what would have to be milled out, where wood could be added inside, glass bedding, etc.

HTH
Jeff P

ps- I know the feeling. Crosman comes out with these great guns but a target stock does not seem to be a concern to them.
Last edited by pad617 on May 3rd, 2010, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 5th, 2010, 12:01 am #5

I'm no expert either, not by a long shot...but I DID just finish fitting a complete Disco action into an AR2078A target stock (the cool looking one from Archer Airguns) it took a good bit of measuring and figuring, but I got it done and it fits great and looks exactly like what I wanted!! The inletting requires a Dremel with the large and small cylindrical cutters....So, I say, YES-GO FOR IT !! Your Mrod would look excellent in that wood, and you'd have a one-of-a-kind....you can do it!!!

May 5th, 2010, 1:53 pm #6

with a little bit added here and there.

The QB conversion is a bit easier because you're dealing with the same 7/8" tube whereas the Anschutz seems to have inletting for the breech block that holds it in place. Although you're right, it probably could be done. Its just a matter of how much time and monkeying around you want to do.

Jeff P

May 5th, 2010, 11:21 pm #7

I'm no expert either, not by a long shot...but I DID just finish fitting a complete Disco action into an AR2078A target stock (the cool looking one from Archer Airguns) it took a good bit of measuring and figuring, but I got it done and it fits great and looks exactly like what I wanted!! The inletting requires a Dremel with the large and small cylindrical cutters....So, I say, YES-GO FOR IT !! Your Mrod would look excellent in that wood, and you'd have a one-of-a-kind....you can do it!!!
Still trying to decide.....mainly I don't want to get a Marauder and the immediately start jonesing for a higher end gun. Especially since I'd never realize the time and money put into the stock mod....but I'm still tempted nonetheless

Casey

May 6th, 2010, 1:36 am #8

with a little bit added here and there.

The QB conversion is a bit easier because you're dealing with the same 7/8" tube whereas the Anschutz seems to have inletting for the breech block that holds it in place. Although you're right, it probably could be done. Its just a matter of how much time and monkeying around you want to do.

Jeff P
Very nice looking Disco. Modding mine for HFT. Sure would like to find out more about that stock and bipod but your E-mail address is unavailable. Appreciate you sending me an E-mail so I can respond and ask a few question.
Thanks,

Pedro

May 6th, 2010, 11:23 pm #9

THAT GUN is just plain KICK-ASS..no other way to describe it !!AWESOME !!

May 6th, 2010, 11:29 pm #10

Still trying to decide.....mainly I don't want to get a Marauder and the immediately start jonesing for a higher end gun. Especially since I'd never realize the time and money put into the stock mod....but I'm still tempted nonetheless

Casey
To "L" with time and money..can't put a price on a job that YOU did and the satisfaction that comes with it.....the Mrod IS a high end gun (though at the "low end" of the high end) and we ALL will always want a high end gun, then one higher than that one, etc,etc,etc...JUST DO IT !!
Before....

After...

Bought a brand new 2260, changed it to .177, put COMPLETE disco tube and internals on it and installed it in AR2078A stock...after a LOT of wood chopping>GRIN>
Last edited by 1packrat on May 6th, 2010, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.