The Benjamin Marauder Pistol At Various Fills & Settings

The Benjamin Marauder Pistol At Various Fills & Settings

January 5th, 2011, 8:21 pm #1

The charts that follow are the result of several shooting sessions with the Marauder pistol. This information might be useful for those who are tuning their pistols. The Marauder pistol has hard stops at the full counter clockwise (CCW) position for both hammer spring tension and the hammer throw length adjustments. The maximum hammer spring tension is achieved approximately 7 turns clockwise (CW) from the full CCW hard stop. The maximum hammer throw length is achieved at 0 turns from the hard stop. At approximately 12 turns CW the throw length is a it's minimum.

These charts represent only a tiny fraction of the possible combinations of fill pressure, hammer spring tension, and hammer throw length adjustments available to the owner.

AE

Last edited by airgunenthusiast on January 25th, 2011, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2011, 8:32 pm #2

Thanks for that.

I'll set mine like the bottom chart for sure once I get it

do you have pistures of where the screws are ?

Thanks again

January 5th, 2011, 8:47 pm #3

The charts that follow are the result of several shooting sessions with the Marauder pistol. This information might be useful for those who are tuning their pistols. The Marauder pistol has hard stops at the full counter clockwise (CCW) position for both hammer spring tension and the hammer throw length adjustments. The maximum hammer spring tension is achieved approximately 7 turns clockwise (CW) from the full CCW hard stop. The maximum hammer throw length is achieved at 0 turns from the hard stop. At approximately 12 turns CW the throw length is a it's minimum.

These charts represent only a tiny fraction of the possible combinations of fill pressure, hammer spring tension, and hammer throw length adjustments available to the owner.

AE

it's like having your homework done for you!
I've also been filling to 2650. Funny thing is I just basically picked that number at random.

Brian

January 5th, 2011, 9:11 pm #4

n/t

January 5th, 2011, 9:43 pm #5

AE

Matches up very well to where mine is tuned. I'm sure many of the new P-rod owners will be appreciative of your research.

"It doesn't get done til someone does it"

January 5th, 2011, 10:34 pm #6

Thanks for that.

I'll set mine like the bottom chart for sure once I get it

do you have pistures of where the screws are ?

Thanks again
You are welcome. I've amended my original post to include a photo and instructions on how to make these adjustments.

By the way ... I've adjusted the hammer spring tension to 7 1/4th turns CW from full CCW while setting the hammer throw to full CCW and have achieved slightly over 700FPS even at 2600PSI since creating these charts.

January 5th, 2011, 10:40 pm #7

AE

as usual with crosman you have a wide latitude for how you'd like to tune it, more power, more shots, lower/higher fills. what i've seen so far with the pistol is impressive. is it worthwhile? yeah................ no question about that.

small caliber joy

January 5th, 2011, 10:41 pm #8

it's like having your homework done for you!
I've also been filling to 2650. Funny thing is I just basically picked that number at random.

Brian
Thanks. I picked 2650 PSI because I wasn't receiving any additional benefit using higher pressures at least at the settings I tried. Plus it's easier to pump to 2650 than 2900 or so:)

January 5th, 2011, 10:48 pm #9

Matches up very well to where mine is tuned. I'm sure many of the new P-rod owners will be appreciative of your research.

"It doesn't get done til someone does it"
You are welcome. I intend to do some more experimenting at higher FPS levels once I get it's 'bark' under control. It's a fun gun to experiment with.

January 5th, 2011, 11:20 pm #10

AE

<p>That is outstanding work, and very thoughtful of you to share. </p><p>Mine is still at the out-of-the-box settings. Do you know where it was set in the "new" condition?</p><p>The consistency of the strings I was getting plus normal logic makes me think the adjustments are in the middle in the factory tune.</p><p>All I have achieved is printing some nice groups with what I had, and then killing some pesky critters. I am delighted to make some improvements based on someone else's pains-taking research.</p>