That's not what's going on Bill.. keep in mind that folks DONATE THEIR TIME

That's not what's going on Bill.. keep in mind that folks DONATE THEIR TIME

April 30th, 2011, 4:52 pm #1

on the BOG.. they are not getting paid as far as I know... so let's not expect too much here. And really.. because WE all seem to have different ideas.. why would the BOG members be any different?? They have to move very slowly.. and carefully..

I know the pistol rules committee,(which I'm on) is of varied opinions on how to move forward with the Pistol FT game.. so keep in mind, this is all done with donated time from busy folks who have other stuff going on in their lives.. cut some slack please..

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

April 30th, 2011, 6:30 pm #2

BTW - might we see some at least 'provisional' pft rules anytime soon?

April 30th, 2011, 6:46 pm #3

share our "in-process" findings.. but we can talk in general about what you would like to see... call me.. or email to discuss your desires in the PFT game.

Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

541-531-6926
wayne.burns@naturalyards.com

April 30th, 2011, 7:58 pm #4

on the BOG.. they are not getting paid as far as I know... so let's not expect too much here. And really.. because WE all seem to have different ideas.. why would the BOG members be any different?? They have to move very slowly.. and carefully..

I know the pistol rules committee,(which I'm on) is of varied opinions on how to move forward with the Pistol FT game.. so keep in mind, this is all done with donated time from busy folks who have other stuff going on in their lives.. cut some slack please..

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range
and they can hang themselves. I do appreciate the time the governers put in but even the boy scouts have to be somewhat transparent with their financials. I don't want their money but is would be nice to know how they spend it to promote Field target and the organization. We all know that it don't take that much time to prepare a financial statement. A couple years ago when Yega hosted the nationals it was insinuated on this forum that they nearly lost their shirt on that event and somebody mentioned sending donations to Scoty. Why didn't the AFFTA absorb this lost for the hosting club? As I recall we had a pretty good auction that year. You know Maybe they did, but if they did why not let us know about it? When they were putting out their newsletter at least we were being some what informed as to what was happening. I would volunteer to put out some kind of news if I knew anything about what was going on. Be happy to help out anyway I could and I'm sure many more here would do the same.
Last edited by dayjd on April 30th, 2011, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 30th, 2011, 8:46 pm #5

on the Pistol rules committee.. and if that is an example of the how the BOG has to operate, then I can understand the snail like production pace... donated time is scarce, opinions vary, and so, need lots of time to equalize.

But I hear ya on the need for the return of the newsletter, and balance sheet info.. and I'm sure lack of free labor is why the information sharing ended, so your offer, hopefully is not falling on deft ears.. maybe you should write an email proposing the number of hours per year, your willing to donate... Heck, I'm a newbie at best... but I'm hooked totally on the game, in all it's tame and wild versions.. and the folks involved here.. I'm giving some time, cause I want to.. I like the sport.. and I like to voice my opinion like most of us... i hope:-)

The AAFTA BOG is you and me Bill.. one of us poor air gunning smucks, that got suckered into donating a bunch of time.. to try and herd cats... independent American minded male cats at that!
I'm sorta glad I didn't get voted in last year... The nomination by Joe scared the **** out of me.. and my fears were not unfounded!

Wacky Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

April 30th, 2011, 11:00 pm #6

Please let it be known that I will donate my time in a effort to re-establish a AFFTA newsletter based on information you want to share with the people that play our FT game. I would also share different club results if sent to me and certainly try to promote upcoming events. If this is of interest to you please contact me. I would e-mail you but info shared here by Mr. Robinson in Texas makes me think a e-mail may not get there.

May 1st, 2011, 12:19 am #7

can go onto the AAFTA website. Articles on an article page. Results are already there and so is a calendar. A printed newsletter was running the funds dry. Organize articles for a webpage on the AAFTA website and I am sure they will get posted. No need for a newsletter perse. All the info can be in one spot and that is the AAFTA Website.

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p><p>Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)</p>(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)
<p>YouTube Videos</p>

May 1st, 2011, 8:56 am #8

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range
shouldn't you have an outlet to let members and shooters be aware of your presence? I mean it's no like it takes a lot to do that you know. And to my way of thinking if you are going to oversee the party then at least make an occassional appearance in the room?

It is what it is, because it is!!!

May 1st, 2011, 11:47 am #9

can go onto the AAFTA website. Articles on an article page. Results are already there and so is a calendar. A printed newsletter was running the funds dry. Organize articles for a webpage on the AAFTA website and I am sure they will get posted. No need for a newsletter perse. All the info can be in one spot and that is the AAFTA Website.

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p><p>Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)</p>(please note the site does go down with high
<p>YouTube Videos</p>
because other than events and some past results and ft rules I couldn't seem to find much about "current considerations" or whats the AFFTA is undertaking right now.

May 1st, 2011, 3:08 pm #10

<p>YouTube Videos</p>
on at least a monthly basis. Possibly the BOG needs to create another sub committee for reaching out with AAFTA info, and receiving in put about rules, equipment, whether or not individual club membership is going up or down and facilities from it's club members. Collect that data from the clubs and disperse it back out in total.. spreading "what works" to other struggling clubs.

Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range