TF79 hose and adapter??

TF79 hose and adapter??

March 23rd, 2012, 8:46 pm #1

I just bought a TF79 off the Yellow Classifieds. My first tiny step into a world without springs. And my first step into the world of Chinese airguns. A learning experience I hope you will help me with.

My first impression is "what a beautiful airgun"! My second is, "now what do I do with it"? And after my first exposure to Chinese, ala the Instructions for Operation manual I'm anxious to shoot it.

I think I can handle the install of two 12g CO2 cylinders so as soon as I post this I'll get the chrony out and see if she shoots as purdy as she looks. But the manual seems to indicate a bulk fill capability. The box includes an adapter that replaces the puncture cap as well as a male quick connect nipple. But that's it.

I looked at the Pyramid listing and it included a hose which I assume I also need. And what else? Where do I go from here? The two 12g cylinders will be fine for now, but I know me!

As you can see I'm totally new to this so any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred
Last edited by AirPlayin on March 23rd, 2012, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 9:52 pm #2

Shot a couple strings with H&N match 13.8gr. Average 450fps, sd 3.6. That makes it a 6.2fpe gun. I guess I expected a little more than that.

The trigger was a little scratchy/grainy but otherwise fine. I shoot several 10m match springers and SSP's so the shot cycle (if you can call it that) was about what I expected.

So I guess my next question, is there anything I can do to increase power a bit?

I haven't shot for accuracy yet. I think I'll see what scopes are available and try one on.

Oh yeah, can I store it presurized? I assume I have to shoot it out to remove the pressure?

Thanks,

Fred
Last edited by AirPlayin on March 23rd, 2012, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 24th, 2012, 12:04 am #3

I just bought a TF79 off the Yellow Classifieds. My first tiny step into a world without springs. And my first step into the world of Chinese airguns. A learning experience I hope you will help me with.

My first impression is "what a beautiful airgun"! My second is, "now what do I do with it"? And after my first exposure to Chinese, ala the Instructions for Operation manual I'm anxious to shoot it.

I think I can handle the install of two 12g CO2 cylinders so as soon as I post this I'll get the chrony out and see if she shoots as purdy as she looks. But the manual seems to indicate a bulk fill capability. The box includes an adapter that replaces the puncture cap as well as a male quick connect nipple. But that's it.

I looked at the Pyramid listing and it included a hose which I assume I also need. And what else? Where do I go from here? The two 12g cylinders will be fine for now, but I know me!

As you can see I'm totally new to this so any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred
and you can (should)get at least 150 fps more. They should ave about 525 to 550 fps with a seal that is not crushed and the bolt should add 100 fps, as i'm told. Go to ArcherAirguns at the top of the page and get all the info you need.

March 24th, 2012, 12:47 am #4

Thanks for that info. I just shot a few more strings. Looks like I got around 50 - 60 shots until it really dropped off fast.

I did notice that it is blowing back quite a bit. Didn't notice it that first string but when I went back to mount a scope I noticed vapor blowing back from the breech. After that I was paying more attention and I could feel the blow back on my forehead.

Seems like that leads right into your suggestion of a new seal. Are we talking about the black o-ring on the bolt or is there another seal I need to look at? I guess I'd better get the explosion out and study it. And look for a post on breakdown.

Thanks for the tip - I'll take a look as soon as I post this.

Accuracy - ten shot groups around 3/4 inch at 10 yds. And while the mv dropped to the mid 300's it dropped pretty consistently. No real fliers, better than I would expect from a gun that's leaking.

Is there a way to bleed it down, other than cycling the action? I see a strange wrench in the box but don't see anyplace to use it and the manual isn't helpful.

Thanks,

Fred

March 24th, 2012, 1:07 am #5

and you can (should)get at least 150 fps more. They should ave about 525 to 550 fps with a seal that is not crushed and the bolt should add 100 fps, as i'm told. Go to ArcherAirguns at the top of the page and get all the info you need.
Just visited Archer. I can $ee I'll be vi$iting them $oon.

I obviously have a lot of reading to do also. Looks like I'll be wearing out the 'search' button.

Any advice as to where to look is always welcome.

Thanks,

Fred

March 24th, 2012, 1:26 am #6

Thanks,

Fred
From there look for the Charlie da Tuna tune directions. This will give you a idea how its done. If your like me, dont want to dyi, send it to Mike Melick and he can get even more out of it.

March 24th, 2012, 2:24 am #7

That's what you put me in. On the one hand I'd love to do the tune myself. Only problem is I'm not sure how to exactly use the spring compressor on a gun like this.

On the other hand, I've heard nothing but great things about Mike lately, and would like to see what he can do.

Yup, a conundrum. That's what I'm in.

Thanks,

Fred

March 24th, 2012, 4:56 am #8

All these guns need is some mechanical skills and some balls to go inside your gun. I lacked the skills.

March 24th, 2012, 11:00 am #9

I will be doing the tune class again this spring, if you can't make it I can try to walk you through what to do on the phone if you want to try it your self...cost of a tune is about $35 so you won't go brke if you have me do it...

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com Flying Dragon Air Rifles 515-924-3699

March 24th, 2012, 12:29 pm #10

Just visited Archer. I can $ee I'll be vi$iting them $oon.

I obviously have a lot of reading to do also. Looks like I'll be wearing out the 'search' button.

Any advice as to where to look is always welcome.

Thanks,

Fred
Hello Fred,

You can also find much information on your air rifle in the Archer Airguns blog at http://www.archerairguns.info Click on the link that says QB78 Family under the Blog Topics heading on the right side of the site. There's 67 posts for you to enjoy there

Also, you will find YouTube videos for how to install the XP Tune Kit and undertake other work on your air rifle in the Archer Airguns Channel at http://www.youtube.com/archerairguns As you can see, many thousands of others have found these videos useful.

I hope you find this information helpful. Have fun with your TF79!

Stephen Archer
Archer Airguns Inc.
Online stores http://www.archerairguns.com
http://www.archerpelletguns.com
Videos http://www.youtube.com/ArcherAirguns
Blog http://www.archerairguns.info