TF-58 scope/sight recommendation

TF-58 scope/sight recommendation

March 17th, 2010, 9:07 pm #1

I have just got a TF-58 and want to scope it for the time being and put a peep sight on it eventually.
I tried my centerpoint 4-16X 40 in it and the scope tube completely blocked the loading port; same with a cheapie Walther 6X scope. Is there a recommendation for a scope that will fit those short rails and not block the loading port? I am looking for something fairly low magnification, though AO, and since the gun is pretty cheap would like to keep the scope pretty cheap too.

As for peeps-- the end of the rails lies a couple of inches in front of the end of the receiver. Of course I would like the rear sight to be as close to the end of the receiver as possible. Anyone has an idea about how to do that?

Thanks,
Roy

-bp

March 17th, 2010, 10:40 pm #2

they sell the qb-58, and i believe (without looking again) that they sell and recommend the leapers bugbuster scope for that gun for specifically the reason you mentioned--loading port clearance.

-bp

March 18th, 2010, 1:17 am #3

I have just got a TF-58 and want to scope it for the time being and put a peep sight on it eventually.
I tried my centerpoint 4-16X 40 in it and the scope tube completely blocked the loading port; same with a cheapie Walther 6X scope. Is there a recommendation for a scope that will fit those short rails and not block the loading port? I am looking for something fairly low magnification, though AO, and since the gun is pretty cheap would like to keep the scope pretty cheap too.

As for peeps-- the end of the rails lies a couple of inches in front of the end of the receiver. Of course I would like the rear sight to be as close to the end of the receiver as possible. Anyone has an idea about how to do that?

Thanks,
Roy
4-6x bugbuster

March 18th, 2010, 2:54 pm #4

Thanks,
Roy
I should have looked at Archer's site before posting the question! The Bugbuster it will be then. Thanks,
Roy