Testing an AA ProSport compared to a BAM?

Testing an AA ProSport compared to a BAM?

February 6th, 2010, 5:10 pm #1

Friend of mine has a Prosport that was just returned to him in trade. He asked me if I had any scope mounts and I told him I would be happy to mount his scope for a test run of the gun. His buddy really tore up the stock on some rocks but after a little polish and wax it looks pretty good. I didn't have the stuff to pull the dents and scratches but it is still better than it was.

I mounted his Simmons 4-12x40 on a BSA one piece ring/mount. Fire 2 shots at 9 yards and they Darn near stacked 3/4 of an inch above the bullseye! 10 clicks clockwise for elevation and 2 counter for windage and 6 shots no more than a 1/4 inch apart.

I really like it. Does a BAM B40 compare to these?
Last edited by DMikeM on February 6th, 2010, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 7th, 2010, 3:10 pm #2

The BAM B-40 is a TX-200 clone. The B-40 requires probably about 6-8 hours of careful refinishing on the action alone to get it almost as smooth as a stock TX or ProSport. I don't know what kind of tree the stock's wood comes from but it varies greatly in hardness. The finish is about what you'd expect on a low-end UK built BSA or Webley.

February 7th, 2010, 5:08 pm #3

Friend of mine has a Prosport that was just returned to him in trade. He asked me if I had any scope mounts and I told him I would be happy to mount his scope for a test run of the gun. His buddy really tore up the stock on some rocks but after a little polish and wax it looks pretty good. I didn't have the stuff to pull the dents and scratches but it is still better than it was.

I mounted his Simmons 4-12x40 on a BSA one piece ring/mount. Fire 2 shots at 9 yards and they Darn near stacked 3/4 of an inch above the bullseye! 10 clicks clockwise for elevation and 2 counter for windage and 6 shots no more than a 1/4 inch apart.

I really like it. Does a BAM B40 compare to these?
but I made the mistake ( or not a mistake depending on how you view this ) of buying the AA Pro-Sport first , so kinda seamed pointless to get the B-40 .
Even as accurate as the B-40 has proved as being , it aint no Walther Barreled Pro-Sport Air Arms in accuracy . And that is what the Pro-Sport is barrelled with by the way , Walther , hence the outstanding accuracy . And yes , it is outstanding accuracy .
Now if the B-40 came with the same barrel , maybe as good of accuracy as the AA gun could eventually come of it ? But the shot cycle on the AA gun is phenominal too , so accuracy will not be as good on the B-40 for that reason and several more . One is the fine grade of finish and grade of parts inside and out on the AA gun , it is smooth beyond smooth Mike . The AA Pro-Sport is tuned out of the box , but the $799 for a walnut stocked one should tell ya that , right .
I think the B-40 is one hell of a great gun , but look at what it is copied after , the TX200 Air Arms . For the price of a stock B-40 which probably shoots just fine as it is , how can you go wrong ? If your expecting Pro-Sport performance , your asking too much , even with a tune or anything you can possibly do to the B-40 . The grades of materials are KNOWHERE near as good as the Air Arms Pro-Sport , and never will be , making the eventual performance still lacking compaired to the AA gun regardless of what you do to it.
But for the price of the B-40 , I will say it again , one hell of a great gun .

Alan

February 7th, 2010, 5:51 pm #4

you could make the B-40 shoot like the TX before you reached the retail price of the AA gun. No you wouldn't have a walnut stock,hand cut checkering, or mirror shine bluing, but to me, those are potential negatives on a gun that gets used.

February 7th, 2010, 10:29 pm #5

your Chinese original idea on the design , laughable .

Alan

February 7th, 2010, 11:37 pm #6

if you continually tell us how crappy the steel is and how much better the AA and such are, would it not make sense to put your energy there?
You are in a Chinese restaurant pining for a steak..... ain't gonna happen.

February 8th, 2010, 12:51 am #7

Walter, I have found that some post are
not even worth opening up to read,
much less responding to.

Thanks for your input here though,
always enjoy your post.
Last edited by BrushyBill on February 8th, 2010, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2010, 2:11 am #8

if you continually tell us how crappy the steel is and how much better the AA and such are, would it not make sense to put your energy there?
You are in a Chinese restaurant pining for a steak..... ain't gonna happen.
and don't reply to Trolls like Bill does .

Alan

February 8th, 2010, 4:03 am #9

well we don't need to have that thrown up in our faces whenever you post.
happy for you and your Euro guns. You liked your Chinese well enough to 'sell them' to who exactly?
yourself....

Walter....

February 8th, 2010, 5:18 am #10

I like both China guns and Euro guns Walter , and American guns , and Russian guns , and Mexican guns , you name it .
Your delusion is that China guns are as good as Euro guns , your highly mistaken and lieing to yourself Walter my dearest Troll .

( Whether I sold my guns or not sold my guns is irrelevant to this topic . And NO , I kept them because people are cheap ) .

For what the China guns are , they are a great buy . I have said this over and over Walter , praising China guns for what they are , are you not listening Walter ?
Nobdy but you thinks I am throwing my Euro guns in Walters face . This aint about you Walter , it's about discussing guns , not discussing your Troll issues .
It aint a crime to like Euro guns and China guns , unless your Walter of course .
I have read all your posts , your nothin but a trouble maker Walter , and get offended when someone doesn't think like you , very Troll like . If your jelous that I owne Euro guns , and its obvious you are , GOOD , you should be , it is something to aspire to own if you can afford fine quality guns and enjoy shooting them Walter .

Walter , I started out shooting in life with a RWS Diana . My China collection now is pretty large too like some of you have . I love all my guns Walter , China , American , Euro , Russian , it doesn't matter to me . But I do know Euro guns are better , simple math there , can ya add ? Quality materials and craftsmanship , equal quality performance .

Most of my posts on this forum are to help people out with what I call knowledge Walter . When someone asks a question , I have a RIGHT as a memeber to express my opinion without you giving me your wrath , oh " Almighty Walter " . If you don't like what I write , that's fine , don't read it . When soemone asks a question about Air Arms guns comparing them to China guns , well Walter , I have first hand knowledge in the matter , so let me help them make an informed desicion would ya . Remmebr the thread topic Walter ? Well , read it agian Walter , that is what this is all about !

Alan the Goblin , Goblin up Walter Trolls tonight , yuk , spit caugh gagg , nasty tastin critters they are . LOL , lighten up Walter , life aint serious , you are .

PS. as far as whats his names comment on superiour materials being a hinderance on guns , I say Poppy-Cock . If a gun has a beautiful stock , beautiful Blueing , beautiful performance , then your going to shoot better , and that is what this sport is all about , shooting better . Why do you think they tune the B-Series rifles to emmulate the already fine shooting Euro guns Walter ? DUH !

Last edited by KBPCP on February 8th, 2010, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.