Test rode a SYM Fiddle 125 scooter last evening...

Test rode a SYM Fiddle 125 scooter last evening...

July 11th, 2012, 12:40 pm #1

The local SYM dealer brought one to a vintage bike gathering & was offering test rides, so I couldn't resist.

It's an impressive scooter. It's very smooth quiet and comfy. The constantly variable transmission and quiet motor make it seem like it's all electric.

SYM is a Taiwanese company w/ quality standards said to be as high as the Japanese brands. The Fiddle is assembled or partially assembled in SYM's Chinese factory. It definitely didn't feel or ride like a typical Chinese scooter.

It's definitely a lot smoother and quieter than my '81 Honda Passport w/ 140cc Lifan !

July 11th, 2012, 1:04 pm #2

The Taiwanese are building some very good quality scoots.
Sym and Kymco are good scoots.
On top of that, it appears these companies are trying to establish good dealer support for their customers in the USA.
Some other companies like Piaggio for instance are failing in this department.
Dealer support is important.
Me and my wife love riding motor scooters. She owns an Aprilia 200 and wants to take a look at a Kymco 150 in the next few days.
I have owned and ridden motor cycles all my life. Have one now.
After discovering motor scooters, i`m thinking of switching to motor scooters myself. They are just so much fun to ride.
Most do not realize how good modern motor scooters perform.
Motor scooters in the 150cc-350cc class are really nice and good performers.
I`m thinking about a Kymco People GTI300 for myself.

boo

July 11th, 2012, 4:12 pm #3

The local SYM dealer brought one to a vintage bike gathering & was offering test rides, so I couldn't resist.

It's an impressive scooter. It's very smooth quiet and comfy. The constantly variable transmission and quiet motor make it seem like it's all electric.

SYM is a Taiwanese company w/ quality standards said to be as high as the Japanese brands. The Fiddle is assembled or partially assembled in SYM's Chinese factory. It definitely didn't feel or ride like a typical Chinese scooter.

It's definitely a lot smoother and quieter than my '81 Honda Passport w/ 140cc Lifan !
just large enough to hold 60 mph? will look into this.

small caliber joy

July 11th, 2012, 8:27 pm #4

I only rode a few hundred yards up and back. It hit 40 easily enough & seemed like there was more left.

July 12th, 2012, 2:12 am #5

are usually about 8-10% off. Reading to the high side.

To get an honest 60 mph with a 150-170 lb. rider, a 150cc would more likely get there.

A 125cc would strugle unless rider was a small person.

boo