Tech Force 97 opinions

Tech Force 97 opinions

February 16th, 2012, 6:40 pm #1

Im contemplating a TF97 purchase as a loaner, tinker project, time killer. Has anyone owned or shot one of these guns in either caliber? What are your impressions of build quality, shot cycle, trigger etc? I need something besides the reviews on PA. Thanks, gents.
-hm

February 17th, 2012, 12:34 am #2

it came with the jm spring. Mine was .177 and it cocked and shot very smooth, I did open it up to lube tune, it did not really need it but was kinda dry. It started off with Silver Bear pellets at 840 fps then calmed down to around 600 fps. They are very nice rifles for the money. I refinished mine in natural poly.
The end result was 590 fps with RWS Basic pellets and sooo smooth and accurate that I could shoot 10 meter with it. The stock is a little chunky but over all, a nice piece. I am getting another in .22 soon, myself.

February 17th, 2012, 9:45 am #3

Im contemplating a TF97 purchase as a loaner, tinker project, time killer. Has anyone owned or shot one of these guns in either caliber? What are your impressions of build quality, shot cycle, trigger etc? I need something besides the reviews on PA. Thanks, gents.
-hm
it was one of the better Chinese airguns,looks kinda nice,good trigger,did a lube tune,when I got it about 8 yrs ago.likes Gamo Match,downside is it`s so slow,the velocity is most over rated on these as any airgun I`ve seen.Mine shoots 14.3 CP`s about 390 fps.
I also had a TF-99,the spring is a mile long,and it does make R-9 type power,880fps cpl`s.I`m @ 2500' elevation,so your`s might be a little faster.
Regards,Dizz

February 17th, 2012, 12:52 pm #4

better fit and finish and more power........

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com
Bestairgun.com 515-924-3699

February 17th, 2012, 5:28 pm #5

-hm
Thank you for the input. I like the size and weight of the 97, but I already have a 5-6 ft/lb gun. Was hoping tf's numbers were closer to the truth. Wish the 46u was just a little smaller...
-allan

February 19th, 2012, 3:07 am #6

-hm
I bought one for my son a couple years ago and it's still going strong. It is in .177 caliber and is shooting CPL pellets around 750fps average velocity. It is smooth and consistent, accuracy is also good.