syma 107 battery gave way after about 400minutes

syma 107 battery gave way after about 400minutes

March 18th, 2012, 8:59 pm #1

Or about 40 flights.mine would sty aloft a full 10 at times.now only. 1 minute.ill get another battery.

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>

March 19th, 2012, 1:32 am #2

yakking.

been wanting to do it (rc) all my life but, always spent my recreation moolah on more hard core things, that i had to travel to do.

i need a diversion from very high stress and i'm anchored w/ serious responsibilities so, NOW, is the time to do it.

did a massive amount of research a couple of years ago on rc but, backed off and have been doing the same for the last month or so. i never go into something w/ out doing as much reading as i can and TRY to glean the best info., possible.

i'm still a LONG, way off from REAL knowledge about this hobby (there is a LOAD to know) but, i'm making a dent.

lipo's, right now, are the cat's meow for rc. w/out them, we couldn't remotely do what we are able to do in the rc world BUT, imo, they are a PAIN, IN, THEE, BUTT, not to mention, DANGEROUS.

AND, their life expectancy can be dramatically shortened by many things.

so far i've gotten, if you store lipo's fully charged you'll scru em up.
they're known to be prone to delicacy, so if one drops them or crashes em too hard, you can scru em up.
if you store them discharged too low or dead, you have definitely, scrud them up.

but, by all accounts, OVER DISCHARGING, them while in use, is supposed to be about the quickest killer of lipo's, of all.

just because one can get, say 10 minutes out of a lipo, absolutely, doesn't mean one should.

a suggestion, get two or three batts. and use them for 6 to 8 mins. apiece.

one way that's supposed to give a really good low down on what is being done to a lipo is by having one of these.
i am not endorsing any of these but, a decent one may just be the ticket to keeping a long life on your lipo's.
you can find out definitively, the max. lowest (that number might be universal, i'm not sure yet, don't think so) that your particular lipo. can be discharged and w/ a little use of time monitoring and checking w/ this instrument, one is supposed to dramatically increase the life of a lipo.

http://www.amazon.com/Cell-Spy-Lipo-Vol ... B0026JMXEO

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/lipo%20vo ... 2494062019

this info. here is dated but, from the skimming i've done still gives a VERY good lowdown on lipo's.

you might want to give it a perusal.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

have fun. later.

March 19th, 2012, 1:41 am #3

Or about 40 flights.mine would sty aloft a full 10 at times.now only. 1 minute.ill get another battery.

<span style="font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;text-transform:none;color:#000000;">"i never was much for book learnin"</span>
I think on the syma is soldered to the board; check some of the rc forums, helifreak, rc groups, wattflyer for how to deal with that if you don't already know. My syma still works cause I moved on to better ships before I wore the battery out, though sitting probly hasn't helped it. Might be less hassle to just get another one if you really like it, tk

March 19th, 2012, 2:05 am #4

yakking.

been wanting to do it (rc) all my life but, always spent my recreation moolah on more hard core things, that i had to travel to do.

i need a diversion from very high stress and i'm anchored w/ serious responsibilities so, NOW, is the time to do it.

did a massive amount of research a couple of years ago on rc but, backed off and have been doing the same for the last month or so. i never go into something w/ out doing as much reading as i can and TRY to glean the best info., possible.

i'm still a LONG, way off from REAL knowledge about this hobby (there is a LOAD to know) but, i'm making a dent.

lipo's, right now, are the cat's meow for rc. w/out them, we couldn't remotely do what we are able to do in the rc world BUT, imo, they are a PAIN, IN, THEE, BUTT, not to mention, DANGEROUS.

AND, their life expectancy can be dramatically shortened by many things.

so far i've gotten, if you store lipo's fully charged you'll scru em up.
they're known to be prone to delicacy, so if one drops them or crashes em too hard, you can scru em up.
if you store them discharged too low or dead, you have definitely, scrud them up.

but, by all accounts, OVER DISCHARGING, them while in use, is supposed to be about the quickest killer of lipo's, of all.

just because one can get, say 10 minutes out of a lipo, absolutely, doesn't mean one should.

a suggestion, get two or three batts. and use them for 6 to 8 mins. apiece.

one way that's supposed to give a really good low down on what is being done to a lipo is by having one of these.
i am not endorsing any of these but, a decent one may just be the ticket to keeping a long life on your lipo's.
you can find out definitively, the max. lowest (that number might be universal, i'm not sure yet, don't think so) that your particular lipo. can be discharged and w/ a little use of time monitoring and checking w/ this instrument, one is supposed to dramatically increase the life of a lipo.

http://www.amazon.com/Cell-Spy-Lipo-Vol ... B0026JMXEO

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/lipo%20vo ... 2494062019

this info. here is dated but, from the skimming i've done still gives a VERY good lowdown on lipo's.

you might want to give it a perusal.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

have fun. later.

u need to stay into it.. Im a bit into now that i see how much better it is than 10 yrs ago when friends were into it.

March 19th, 2012, 2:07 am #5

I think on the syma is soldered to the board; check some of the rc forums, helifreak, rc groups, wattflyer for how to deal with that if you don't already know. My syma still works cause I moved on to better ships before I wore the battery out, though sitting probly hasn't helped it. Might be less hassle to just get another one if you really like it, tk
i might be able to replace this battery, gotta look into it further

March 19th, 2012, 3:15 am #6

http://syma107.com/forum/

I'm still not flown my 450 6ch 3D and got another 450..cheaper than the first one. Figured, when I start stretching one of them and get an oppssss, I'll already have spare helo then spare parts. Getting better with the DH9104 and I'm bidding on a 250 6ch 3D..gotta have a little brother for the 450. ^_0

March 19th, 2012, 5:43 am #7

u need to stay into it.. Im a bit into now that i see how much better it is than 10 yrs ago when friends were into it.

improvements.
i was impressed on how much has changed in just two years.
i know electronics is almost exponential in it's improvements but, the rc world seems to be damned sure doing the same.

easy.

March 19th, 2012, 6:45 am #8

i might be able to replace this battery, gotta look into it further

about you getting a good radio was spot on rob. of course, it ALWAYS depends on what one can afford.

from all the research and if you really think you're going to stay w/ aircraft rc, that seems to be the most logical route.
you can get completely comfortable and versed in whatever radio and then get bnf's in whatever you want, at whatever level.

i checked into the walkera line you were talking about awhile back and they seem to have some RRREALY nice stuff but, the thing that put me off is that NObody (in a large part of my state, anyway) deals w/ them in hobby shops. they look to be strictly, online and THAT could be a massive drag if any problems arise.

that's why i decided to go spektrum.

i'll tell you what burns me to the bone are the proprietary systems these yo-yo's are doing. it's said they do that so they can increase their presence in the market but, to me that is flat illogical and just plain stupid. if you have a lot of bucks to blow, maybe. otherwise, what a load.

you certainly sound like you need to go 4 channel, soooon.

March 19th, 2012, 7:14 am #9

http://syma107.com/forum/

I'm still not flown my 450 6ch 3D and got another 450..cheaper than the first one. Figured, when I start stretching one of them and get an oppssss, I'll already have spare helo then spare parts. Getting better with the DH9104 and I'm bidding on a 250 6ch 3D..gotta have a little brother for the 450. ^_0
ahead. one to fly, one for parts.

you didn't work for the gumint at any time, did ya?

got you on the caution, they are supposed to take, some experience to fly.

that's my goal. a 450 to 550 ccpm.

booooy, i could rrrrreally get into trouble w/ something like that.

got some yappy lil dawgs, a couple of doors down i'd coaintly, like to run around their yard a bit. at least until their tongues start hangin out a tad.

yessssss, an evil mind, is a turrible thing to waste.

cackle,wheeze.

March 19th, 2012, 11:22 am #10

about you getting a good radio was spot on rob. of course, it ALWAYS depends on what one can afford.

from all the research and if you really think you're going to stay w/ aircraft rc, that seems to be the most logical route.
you can get completely comfortable and versed in whatever radio and then get bnf's in whatever you want, at whatever level.

i checked into the walkera line you were talking about awhile back and they seem to have some RRREALY nice stuff but, the thing that put me off is that NObody (in a large part of my state, anyway) deals w/ them in hobby shops. they look to be strictly, online and THAT could be a massive drag if any problems arise.

that's why i decided to go spektrum.

i'll tell you what burns me to the bone are the proprietary systems these yo-yo's are doing. it's said they do that so they can increase their presence in the market but, to me that is flat illogical and just plain stupid. if you have a lot of bucks to blow, maybe. otherwise, what a load.

you certainly sound like you need to go 4 channel, soooon.

I think if i get really serious ill make that desicion.not yet though id rather master 4 channel first