Stopped Leaking Tank on QB79

Stopped Leaking Tank on QB79

January 7th, 2016, 10:05 pm #1

My QB79 had a slow leak that seemed to stop at about 1000psi on the dial. I long thought is was the tank extender piece that was sold with my gun to make sure the tank cleared the barrel ---- I did not like it's loose design. Well I took that adapter off, and what a very, very poorly designed item that is, ONE "O" ring to stop the flow of air and stop it from leaking.

Well the extender is off and the barrel clears the tank (Ninja). Not only doesn't it leak but it looks cleaner too.

I got inspiration for this idea from my AG2079A that did not have this adapter and has kept a full tank since I got it.

My Qb79 is up and running ...... I'm now getting my tanks ready to be certified and filled, Here she is posing for a picture !

wll2506

January 10th, 2016, 5:50 pm #2

Not a leak to be found, before I would pump it up and next morning she would be down to 1200psi. Now she stays put, pump her up to 2500+ psi and in the morning that is where she stays ... perfect.

No more bottle extenders for me as all I'll use are Ninja tanks that work just fine.

Just got back and shot some 50 yard shots at the bottom of an old wooded chair, pellets buried themselves 1/4 inch in, was very happy. Waiting for a starling to land 50 yds out, 50 yds is about 1 mil dot at my 30yd setting.

wll2506