Stock options for Discovery?

Stock options for Discovery?

March 26th, 2009, 10:12 pm #1

Anyone besides Corcoran make stocks (or adaptable stocks) for Discovery rifles?

Sick 'em Höf!!!

March 26th, 2009, 10:39 pm #2

March 26th, 2009, 10:52 pm #3

Anyone besides Corcoran make stocks (or adaptable stocks) for Discovery rifles?

Sick 'em Höf!!!
Monte Carlo stocks as we speak..They have a Weatherby Mk V Sporter basic profile and will be cut from various grades of solid air dried Walnut and Maple..They will be available in all stages of completion from "Do it Yourself" -right off the machine, all the way to fully finished.

I will have some pics up on this forum in a day or so and will be selling a few of them in the classifieds here beginning next week..

So far ,they look very nice and one is going on my Discovery Hunting rifle ASAP..LOL

Last edited by jimairgun on March 26th, 2009, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 26th, 2009, 11:40 pm #4

good to hear that someone has discovered (pun intended) that the Discovery is a hit with lots of owners.

March 26th, 2009, 11:40 pm #5

Monte Carlo stocks as we speak..They have a Weatherby Mk V Sporter basic profile and will be cut from various grades of solid air dried Walnut and Maple..They will be available in all stages of completion from "Do it Yourself" -right off the machine, all the way to fully finished.

I will have some pics up on this forum in a day or so and will be selling a few of them in the classifieds here beginning next week..

So far ,they look very nice and one is going on my Discovery Hunting rifle ASAP..LOL
nt

Sick 'em Höf!!!

March 27th, 2009, 12:06 am #6

I am ready to do a little business.I want to respect the rules of this forum.
Steve runs a great place here for us to hang out and I DO respect that.
Anything I post here will be along the lines of "hey- what do you think?"Anything actually for sale will be in the classifieds.

I have had a LOT of respect for the Discovery ever since it came out.I hope it will be made by Crosman for a long while as it is a very useful little gun and has a lot going for it.

Cliff Tharp (VarmintAir) -who is a die hard Discovery fan -will be getting the first one off the machine. He should have it in time to put it on his .22 Disco before his next Ground squirrel Safari in CA. He has an extensive collection of high quality hunting Airguns to compare my design with, so his feedback will be most welcome.

I can say this- my shooting with the Disco did improve once I started shooting it with the new pattern stock. An adult sized grip and a comb high enough for scope uses makes a big difference..

March 27th, 2009, 12:12 am #7

I have two PCP's a .22 SUmatra and a .22 Disco and Last two times I've been out shooting I left my sumatra in it';s case because I use a pump and it's a PIA to get it filled.

I only use it when serius hunting.

Right now I'm like a kid with a new toy with my disco and a higher comb WILL help a lot I use med profile mounts and I almost have to place my chin on the stock to get my eye aligned with the scope.

I'll start saving for one of your stocks. I saw the model from which you are basing your design and it kicks arse.

Any tips on the approximate price for your different models? And will it be availabe in laminate or beech wood?

Thanks
Joe Cortez.

Sick 'em Höf!!!
Last edited by luft11_hoflich on March 27th, 2009, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 27th, 2009, 12:27 am #8

about 2/3 the price of any other comparable stock for the Discovery.

The real deal will be the wood available- I have some very nice stuff that will be priced very reasonable.. Right now ,no laminates.

The good news there is once you see what the Walnut and Maple looks like, you will forget ALL about a Birch stock.

I can get really nice walnut for what beech costs and actually LESS than what a blank of Birch laminate runs, so why not use Walnut??

March 27th, 2009, 2:31 am #9

selling them, (Buster ThreeX4 ) . My disco stock is well , ok , I added a 1/2" pad and it still just not the right pull length. I use high mounts 0n most of my rifles cause it makes it easier as I wear glasses.
but yes I would be very interested.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

March 27th, 2009, 2:32 am #10

about 2/3 the price of any other comparable stock for the Discovery.

The real deal will be the wood available- I have some very nice stuff that will be priced very reasonable.. Right now ,no laminates.

The good news there is once you see what the Walnut and Maple looks like, you will forget ALL about a Birch stock.

I can get really nice walnut for what beech costs and actually LESS than what a blank of Birch laminate runs, so why not use Walnut??
Last edited by threex4 on March 27th, 2009, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.