Stock care

Stock care

May 17th, 2017, 4:19 am #1

Any body use anything special on their beechwood stocks like a certain wax or just a soft clean rag? Thanks.

May 17th, 2017, 6:00 pm #2

On my wood stock rifles I put several coats of Minwax floor wax, usually brown in color which goes well with normal stain colors on most stocks. I have also used a wax that was developed for the Royal Museum of History that I believe is called Renaissance wax, it' makes a super tough crystal clear coat over the stock. Between times when I handle the guns I use a silicon cloth to wipe down the action and the stock.
This is what has worked for me for many years now, hope it helps.
Ken Hughes

May 17th, 2017, 7:02 pm #3

Thanks much! I'll give these a try. It seems to me that these beechwood stocks need a little protection but I was hesitant about what to use. Thanks again.

May 17th, 2017, 7:44 pm #4

Any body use anything special on their beechwood stocks like a certain wax or just a soft clean rag? Thanks.
Nothing beats Pledge furniture polish. nt

May 17th, 2017, 9:41 pm #5

Ron,

Howard's Feed-N-Wax comes close or maybe even tops it. Its a Wood Polish & Conditioner w/Beeswax and Orange Oil. I get it at Lowe's.

Hope you are going to make it to Heflin,

Pat
Last edited by FireMarshal on May 17th, 2017, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 18th, 2017, 3:21 am #6

I've tried them all and like this the best :

https://www.amazon.com/Renaissance-Wax- ... B0012S1XBO

May 18th, 2017, 3:26 am #7

Ron,

Howard's Feed-N-Wax comes close or maybe even tops it. Its a Wood Polish & Conditioner w/Beeswax and Orange Oil. I get it at Lowe's.

Hope you are going to make it to Heflin,

Pat
I'd love to see you guys (and girl) again, but my FT days are largely behind me.

Do plan to shoot Leo's awards match this Sunday though (weather permitting). Hope you guys get decent weather this week-end, but at times like this it's reassuring to have the level of experience running the show that y'all have up yonder.

Shoot 'em up, Amigo.

May 24th, 2017, 1:56 am #8

I've tried them all and like this the best :

https://www.amazon.com/Renaissance-Wax- ... B0012S1XBO

Boiled Linseed Oil.
Once a day for a week
Once a week for a month.
Once a month for a year.
Once a year for the rest of your life.

A tablespoon of BLO is enough for the entire stock.
Rub it in with your fingers until it dries.
When it feels warm to the touch you are doing it right.

Stay safe