Steve, where are the GTX triggers made? USA?

Steve, where are the GTX triggers made? USA?

November 13th, 2007, 2:57 am #1

some posting on the fish regarding your triggers made in India or someplace.
The thinking was that made in USA was somehow better.
Interesting post by a fellow that knows how designs get stolen only to appear again.(in his line of work that is)
Hope all is well with the triggers.
Walter.....

November 13th, 2007, 4:35 am #2

I think there were a few years there (like 1861 to 1865) when it wasn't.

And actually, Walter, just to improve the story, the GTX blades being sold by Skyler were made by the same SC machinest who refused to continue to make them for that scaley fellow, when the fishie guy "retired."

It seems the machinest couldn't be talked into forgetting whose name was on the original dimensioned drawings he was given to do the CNC programming from.

Short version: there really are honest men out there.

Steve

November 13th, 2007, 5:54 am #3

I follow the forum daily too, musta missed it. even though the mods are excellent and cost as little as a buck for parts only I always liked the blade bling thing.

November 13th, 2007, 7:00 am #4

I think there were a few years there (like 1861 to 1865) when it wasn't.

And actually, Walter, just to improve the story, the GTX blades being sold by Skyler were made by the same SC machinest who refused to continue to make them for that scaley fellow, when the fishie guy "retired."

It seems the machinest couldn't be talked into forgetting whose name was on the original dimensioned drawings he was given to do the CNC programming from.

Short version: there really are honest men out there.

Steve
It truly amazes me how they can rewrite history over there.
That was how I remembered it as well now you mention it.
They are claiming it is 'offshore' like the first Gtx was ( I doubt that it was) but they are claiming that as why it failed.
A load for sure eh?
Good to see you got rolling with the genuine article.
Walter.....

November 13th, 2007, 2:32 pm #5

...GTX blade that was ever made, worked. There were no "failures."

There was one batch (of 200 triggers made back in 2005, long before a certain fish "retired" and then "unretired") that I rejected, sent back, and had completely remade because of cosmetic defects, but even those ugly blades worked, as I proved by giving away about a dozen (IIRC, Lon has one).

And the reason that every GTX has worked is because they've all been made to exactly the same basic design and dimensions.

The color isn't the only thing that hasn't changed since day one.

Steve

November 13th, 2007, 3:35 pm #6

I follow the forum daily too, musta missed it. even though the mods are excellent and cost as little as a buck for parts only I always liked the blade bling thing.

...with the lies and nonsense from the other side, Lon. Who needs the aggravation, when there are so many other useful accessories (like my four other trigger mod's) one can sell without having to compete with copycats?

: http://www.pspairguns.com/

Steve

November 13th, 2007, 5:27 pm #7

fit the Crosman Quest?

November 13th, 2007, 5:51 pm #8

...is located far enough from the pivot, that unlike the case with the MicroGTX insert, the infamous Quest Strut "notch" creates no issues.

So this rework of the Strut lever becomes unnecessary.

Steve

November 13th, 2007, 6:11 pm #9

November 14th, 2007, 12:32 am #10

...GTX blade that was ever made, worked. There were no "failures."

There was one batch (of 200 triggers made back in 2005, long before a certain fish "retired" and then "unretired") that I rejected, sent back, and had completely remade because of cosmetic defects, but even those ugly blades worked, as I proved by giving away about a dozen (IIRC, Lon has one).

And the reason that every GTX has worked is because they've all been made to exactly the same basic design and dimensions.

The color isn't the only thing that hasn't changed since day one.

Steve
how about a few silver blades in the next run.