Steve NC.... QB HDD Question, please.

Steve NC.... QB HDD Question, please.

October 27th, 2010, 6:26 pm #1

If I've missed a posted answer already, my apologies.

Has the QB HDD been tested on a HPA system yet?

I've got a few QB's I'd like to equip and one of them is dedicated HPA with the other one part time HPA. Output pressure is in the 950psi range so these are not hot rods.

My experience with the Crosman HDD are that on HPA, they do much the same as on CO2 and I've had good luck with them.... just double checking on the QB variant before purchase.

Thanks.

October 27th, 2010, 10:10 pm #2

...as well (or even better) than CO2 and HDDs because the lower density and higher flow rate of lighter air vs heavier CO2 makes hammer bounce suppression even more important to good efficiency.

Steve

October 29th, 2010, 4:29 pm #3

I had no reason to believe it wouldnt work in a HPA application as I've successfully used it in Crosman guns, but was just wondering if anyone had tried on a QB79 for example.... I suppose I'll have to give it a go and report findings!

October 29th, 2010, 10:23 pm #4

...has been burning the midnight oil - not to mention boxes of pellets, cartons of chrony batteries, and baskets of Powerlets - compiling a super comprehensive collection of data characterizing the HDD with combinations of QB hammer springs, hammer weights, etc.

Stay tuned.

Steve