Standing class clarification for PFT

Standing class clarification for PFT

September 27th, 2011, 11:21 pm #1

I can't think of a single time(excepting PFT) that I've ever shot a 'pistol' from the seated position. Standing class means just that shooting from the standing position. I know there are some real sticklers for shooting terminology who would call that shooting 'offhand' but aren't you always shooting off at least one hand with PFT ie one hand is supporting the gun?

September 28th, 2011, 12:14 am #2

To me, if enough folks want to shoot standing, they could form a standing sub-class (on whatever class they're shooting).

Basically, I'm for keeping PFT as close as possible to our rifle game (where we shoot primariliy on our butts, and standing is always an option... with some forced kneeling and standing along the way).

Just my 2 cents,
HookEm

September 28th, 2011, 1:04 am #3

except I would like to see more forced positions than rifle ft. Something like 1/3 sitting, 1/3 standing, and 1/3 sitting.

Dutch

Self proclaimed shootinist sumbitch...there ever was almost!!
Its hard bein shootinst sum bitch...welp not its not.
started @ 228 compressor fills in 6/22/08
188 compressor fills and I have broke even
And aaain't it grrreaaat to be livinnn in the USA.
I never whacked a pigeon, starling, or sparrow that didn't deserve it!!!
1523 and countin....on pigeons..
starling count started 11--

September 28th, 2011, 5:42 am #4

I can't think of a single time(excepting PFT) that I've ever shot a 'pistol' from the seated position. Standing class means just that shooting from the standing position. I know there are some real sticklers for shooting terminology who would call that shooting 'offhand' but aren't you always shooting off at least one hand with PFT ie one hand is supporting the gun?
My own preference would be to shoot standing with one or two hands. Clint never sat down to ask someone to "make his day". LOL
Greg S

September 28th, 2011, 12:36 pm #5

To me, if enough folks want to shoot standing, they could form a standing sub-class (on whatever class they're shooting).

Basically, I'm for keeping PFT as close as possible to our rifle game (where we shoot primariliy on our butts, and standing is always an option... with some forced kneeling and standing along the way).

Just my 2 cents,
HookEm
especially since the far targets are only 35 yards. A pistol with a 12 or 15" barrel is just a rifle without a stock.
ART

September 28th, 2011, 4:52 pm #6

you've got folks who want standing and you have folks who would rather freestyle - two classes.