Springers ... Spent All of My Off-Days Struggling With Springer POA/POI Issues

Springers ... Spent All of My Off-Days Struggling With Springer POA/POI Issues

June 26th, 2017, 7:27 pm #1

<p>I've spent nearly all of my precious days-off from work struggling with springer POA/POI issues.
My days-off have been more like work ... than leisure for me.
What a waste of my days-off.

Especially considering, a few weeks ago, my original Crosman Stealth Fury II, aka: TR77,
killed an old Hawke Airmax 4-12X40 AO IR scope.

Yesterday, my second metallic spring TR77 destroyed the OEM Crosman Centerpoint 4X32 that came bundled with the rifle. </p>
Now, today my gas-ram TR77NPS trashed the factory Crosman Centerpoint 4X32 that arrived with the air rifle.

I also have a .25-caliber Hatsan 125 Sniper with a Hawke 4-12X50 AO IR that literally needs to be rezeroed after nearly every period of disuse.

I'm so frustrated with springers right-now ... I'm thinking of selling them all and going full-bore PCP and/or MSP.

At last count, I have:
All of my beloved springer would have to go.
Gosh, am I troubled by springers!!!! <div>__________________
W. Edwards Deming ... <font size="2"><font>Quality</font></font>: It is not enough to do-your-best;
you must know what-to-do, and ... then ... do-your-best.
Ever-Onward ... Through the Fog ---- Fort Stockton TX 79735</div>

June 26th, 2017, 9:06 pm #2

jamesdingle18@yahoo.com or just call 1-570-977-1149

June 26th, 2017, 10:05 pm #3

<p>I've spent nearly all of my precious days-off from work struggling with springer POA/POI issues.

Especially considering, a few weeks ago, my original Crosman Stealth Fury II, aka: TR77,

Yesterday, my second metallic spring TR77 destroyed the OEM Crosman Centerpoint 4X32 that came bundled with the rifle. </p>
Now, today my gas-ram TR77NPS trashed the factory Crosman Centerpoint 4X32 that arrived with the air rifle.

I also have a .25-caliber Hatsan 125 Sniper with a Hawke 4-12X50 AO IR that literally needs to be rezeroed after nearly every period of disuse.

I'm so frustrated with springers right-now ... I'm thinking of selling them all and going full-bore PCP and/or MSP.

At last count, I have:
W. Edwards Deming ... <font size="2"><font>Quality</font></font>: It is not enough to do-your-best;
"A word to the wise, is sufficient" Is sometimes heard in advice over "troubles".

The "word" in this case. is "aperture sights"

I am very satisfied with aperture sights on the few springers I have.

June 26th, 2017, 11:00 pm #4

jamesdingle18@yahoo.com or just call 1-570-977-1149
NT

June 26th, 2017, 11:02 pm #5

"A word to the wise, is sufficient" Is sometimes heard in advice over "troubles".

The "word" in this case. is "aperture sights"

I am very satisfied with aperture sights on the few springers I have.
I haven't shot my .20 with aperture sights - yet.
I'm afraid ...with frequent use ... the sights overtime will loosen.

This is not my rifle ... but, this is how my rifle is equipped.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/184474/m ... ost+a+year

June 26th, 2017, 11:36 pm #6

At last count, I have:
<font size="3.5" color="#000000" face="Arial, Helvetica">There have been some really nice springers for sale at great prices lately, & I have been tempted to buy several, but then I think to myself I'm most likely spoiled by my Match Springers & PCP's, & I feel sporter springers will likely be a let down for me (especially since most of my pinking is off a rest at 50 to 60 yards).

Even my Rapid was a let down until I made some minor adjustments to it. Now it's fantastic.

I think it would help sellers if they would include pictures of groups in their ads, so we can see the rigs performance.
</font>

June 26th, 2017, 11:43 pm #7

I've been shooting my Daisy 953 with AR-15/16 sights
and a Crosman 760 with open sight ... what a joy these
little SSP/MSP have been.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=878522

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... target+pro

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/t ... iew+Thread

June 26th, 2017, 11:53 pm #8

At last count, I have:
48, 52 and 54s were designed by someone who didn't like scopes and are best shot with aperture sights. But you're right that a Williams aperture can shake lose after shooting a bit. Certainly my 54 shook apart one Williams sight. But the 240 should be fine with a springer scope, wouldn't it be?

BTW, if you need to rezero after a period of disuse, it's most probably because your hold changed. Magnum springers are brutal in exposing even the slightest variations in our hold. Magnum springers are brutal period.. I know a lot of people shoot them well, and even like shooting them, but damned if I know how or why!

I should recommend a sub 12 fpe tuned HW springer with a small magnification scope to return your confidence in springers.

Best,

Roy

June 27th, 2017, 12:08 am #9

I've been shooting my Daisy 953 with AR-15/16 sights
and a Crosman 760 with open sight ... what a joy these
little SSP/MSP have been.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=878522

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... target+pro

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/t ... iew+Thread
I gave up on the "magnum" springer chase years ago...I had some excellent results for a given day or session but it always eventually degenerated to a poi chase then to another destroyed scope...
An FWB 300S may be a springer solution for you...excellent triggers, recoiless, when tuned up to the high 600s (I have 2 that shoot jsbs 7.8s just over 700fps) they deliver excellent accuracy out to 45/50 yds...they can be had for $450 to $550...
Seriously, all that usual springer frustration simply is not there....at 25yds in low wind you can shoot hornets and flies...do a search here there is a lot to read and 99% is positive...
Just my 2 cents...

June 27th, 2017, 12:20 am #10

At last count, I have:
Springers force shooters to have good form and excellent follow through. They are, in general, the MOST DIFFICULT type of rifle action for me to shoot consistently accurate. This is part of their appeal to me however. I truly enjoy the challenge to improve on my form, technique, and consistency. I love the simplicity of not having any additional charging equipment to contend with. I also truly love how much better of a shot I have become with other firearms after playing with airguns. Part of that improvement is likely directly proportional to increased trigger time. However, I firmly believe that a good part of that improvement has come from springers forcing ME to be a better shot with the fundamentals. Sometimes you just need to look at them for what they are and appreciate them for what they are. In my opinion, there's not an airgun out there that can outperform my .17hmr in the squirrel woods. Theres not an airgun better equipped for 200yd benchrest than a well tuned .22lr. There's not a better platform available for quiet indoor target practice than a 10m rig. There's not a more fun and challenging platform available for offhand plinking at <100yds than a nice springer. They all have their uses and sometimes the best joy is in having the right tool for the right job.