son & grandsons have no interest my airguns

son & grandsons have no interest my airguns

July 13th, 2017, 12:10 am #1

sadly none of my heirs are interested in my airguns. I have some primo old crosman CO2 rifles & pistols, my boyhood Benjamin & Sheridan, & my Webley FX. I guess i'll start selling them off.

July 13th, 2017, 12:32 am #2

I'll have a similar situation eventually.
You could offer them on the Yellow Classifieds, or take them to an airgun show if there's one within range.
Right now though, I'm still looking for a like-new Streak.

Good luck with your sales.

Tedd

July 13th, 2017, 12:35 am #3

sadly none of my heirs are interested in my airguns. I have some primo old crosman CO2 rifles & pistols, my boyhood Benjamin & Sheridan, & my Webley FX. I guess i'll start selling them off.
Unfortunally U R not alone if it does not have a Mouse or Motor on it they don't have any use 4 it

July 13th, 2017, 1:09 am #4

<font size="3.5" color="#000000" face="Arial, Helvetica">Maybe a few eggs set up at distance somewhere, with a little friendly competition to see who can make the most mess would help get them interested?

You have probably already tried a lot to get them interested, in which case maybe you want to keep those airguns just for you.

All we can do is give them a chance to try something & hopefully love it.

That said, would that be a Webley FX, as in a Webley FX 2000?
</font>
Last edited by Diamondback on July 13th, 2017, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 13th, 2017, 1:34 am #5

Grew up on farms/ranches, myself

The woods and creeks were our playground.

My son's ain't crazy about shooting neither, nevermind we got 30 acres of good deer habitat

July 13th, 2017, 1:47 am #6

<font size="3.5" color="#000000" face="Arial, Helvetica">I'll even feed the dog, take out the trash, & cut the grass without being told.

Can I get you a cold beer?
</font>

July 13th, 2017, 1:52 am #7

<font size="3.5" color="#000000" face="Arial, Helvetica">Especially growing up, fishing, hunting, fiddling around outside shooting, learning how to build a fire & practicing it, etc were treasured moments for me that I was anxious to re-enjoy every chance I got.

Most kids today just want to play video games.
</font>
Last edited by Diamondback on July 13th, 2017, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 13th, 2017, 10:38 am #8

My 9 year old grandson was all excited about shooting air guns since he was 6 years,that I purchased some nice ones for him, which he loved it at the time. NOW with all the electronic devices on hand he totally lost interest in air guns so now I go in the backyard and play by myself. Very sad. Bob

July 13th, 2017, 11:24 am #9

Got a pretty good deal at approx $7 per cubic ft.
The trick is getting them to forget that they're outside.

I don't forsee a female child ever embracing magnum handguns or rifles though.

July 13th, 2017, 11:27 am #10

I have no idea what you have tried, but just encourage you to try different approaches.

Maybe you tried shooting paper targets? Try shooting reactive targets, or going squirrel hunting or pesting on a farm.

Maybe you tried with your old guns? Give them their own.

Maybe they might prefer the bigger bang of a powerburner to first get hooked on shooting. Then the appreciation for what we get from airgunning might take hold.

Everybody is different. They might come to like the sport, just different than what motivates you. You have given me a flood of memories though with this post. I don't remember how I came into my first BB gun, but I remember being in the woods every single day with my trusty dog and my best buddy and we had tons of freedom and spent our days exploring and adventuring. We certainly stretched the limits of good sense many times, shot stuff we should not have shot. I probably would not have enjoyed myself if I didn't have that extensive freedom to enjoy and appreciate the bb gun.

Good luck.