So what is the best rws?

So what is the best rws?

January 21st, 2007, 11:11 pm #1

Hi

I am intrested in the 350 but does it really do 1250fps? does anyone have any #'s. what others are that well made and powerful?
will the barrel lock up be a problem, as in are they accurate, I want this to last me for life, or a well made rifle to last me for life , no pumps or C02 please

Thanks very much guys

Oliver but you can call me Ollie
[/IMG]

January 22nd, 2007, 12:04 am #2

Well it depends on how you are going to use it. I have five RWS guns. They are all very good. I don't have the 350 for one reason... I am 5'7" and the gun is almost as long as I am tall!!! (lol). It is a very long gun, hard to cock and very powerful. I believe that it does shoot that hard, however why would you want a gun that powerful in a .177? No use for that power with such a tiny pellet. The only way to shoot that gun is in .22 period. It is the most powerful breakbarel in the market. The patriot/Kodiak seems more powerful but it is gone since Webley sold out and the new ones have little quality. The Gamo 1250 only comes in .177 which is no good for much since it is just more speed in a tiny pellet.

RWS 48/52 Same gun with different stocks. Extremely accurate and very powerful. Again in .22 is the best way to go unless you will do FT competition, then you want a 54. All the above are heavy guns but they are compact, easy to cock and deliver quite a punch (I have them all). The best buy? The 48 in .22 cal. This gives you the same performance as all the above in the least expese (same action).

For FT you want ONLY the 54 since it is totally recoil less and it is oblivious to how you hold it. You can hold it tight like a fire arm if you want. By the time the recoil gets back to the gun the pellet is well on its way due to the mechanism inside that retards the recoil effect. The downside? Weight. With a scope you are looking at about 10lbs!! Not exactly what you want to carry around hunting.

The 34. Good gun, just very touchy on how you hold it. Use good pellets. Likes the RWS pellets best.

January 22nd, 2007, 12:24 am #3

nt

[/IMG]

January 22nd, 2007, 12:31 am #4

Hi

I am intrested in the 350 but does it really do 1250fps? does anyone have any #'s. what others are that well made and powerful?
will the barrel lock up be a problem, as in are they accurate, I want this to last me for life, or a well made rifle to last me for life , no pumps or C02 please

Thanks very much guys

[/IMG]
Mine in 177 does 1090 fps with cpl's, and 950 with cph's.
My own personal favorite rws is the rws 46, because it is very, very accurate.

Jeff

January 22nd, 2007, 12:48 am #5

Well it depends on how you are going to use it. I have five RWS guns. They are all very good. I don't have the 350 for one reason... I am 5'7" and the gun is almost as long as I am tall!!! (lol). It is a very long gun, hard to cock and very powerful. I believe that it does shoot that hard, however why would you want a gun that powerful in a .177? No use for that power with such a tiny pellet. The only way to shoot that gun is in .22 period. It is the most powerful breakbarel in the market. The patriot/Kodiak seems more powerful but it is gone since Webley sold out and the new ones have little quality. The Gamo 1250 only comes in .177 which is no good for much since it is just more speed in a tiny pellet.

RWS 48/52 Same gun with different stocks. Extremely accurate and very powerful. Again in .22 is the best way to go unless you will do FT competition, then you want a 54. All the above are heavy guns but they are compact, easy to cock and deliver quite a punch (I have them all). The best buy? The 48 in .22 cal. This gives you the same performance as all the above in the least expese (same action).

For FT you want ONLY the 54 since it is totally recoil less and it is oblivious to how you hold it. You can hold it tight like a fire arm if you want. By the time the recoil gets back to the gun the pellet is well on its way due to the mechanism inside that retards the recoil effect. The downside? Weight. With a scope you are looking at about 10lbs!! Not exactly what you want to carry around hunting.

The 34. Good gun, just very touchy on how you hold it. Use good pellets. Likes the RWS pellets best.
nt

[/IMG]

January 22nd, 2007, 1:10 pm #6

Your height is fine for the 48. It is several inches shorter than you current Quest 1000. You will find it an outstanding rifle in .22

Good luck and have fun.

If you live near a Cabelas look in the bargain cave. I say three in the Utah store not long ago.

January 22nd, 2007, 1:55 pm #7

Hi

Thanks very much guys

[/IMG]
I have a 350 .22 and really like it a lot.
I never experienced any problems with it.

This in painful contrast with other shooting people I know with other magnum springers:
Theoben Eliminator: transfert port in wrong angle, cocking arm locked up, faulty trigger
Beeman Kodiak/Webley Patriot: Screws that break
Beeman RX/Weihrauch 90: leaky gasram

The only powerful springers in the same reliability class seem to be the good old R1/HW80 and the Dianas 48/52/54, though these are less powerful than the 350.
I can't speak of the Gamo 1250 as I do not personally know anyone who has one.

You will love the 350, just get it in .22

Kind regards,

Joris

January 22nd, 2007, 5:45 pm #8

Hi

Thanks very much guys

[/IMG]
you should not be dissapointed. RWS did a poor job of converting meters per second to feet per second. The correct Diana velocities are posted in m/s on the European site. Do your own math and you'll get the actual power of the guns. The 350 will not shoot anywhere near 1250FPS.

January 22nd, 2007, 6:53 pm #9

I have one here now tuning it and it's a 177 and it will not hit 900fps with 7.9 crossman  lites, it only will do 885fps. This one has a real tight barrel and I guess it will take a couple of thousand pellets to get it loose enough to get any near over 900 fps. Also they have choked barrels and this slows then down also, and this one is really, really tight.  The recoil is very severe with this rifle my 1250 has a much lighter recoil than this 350 and goes over 1000 fps with 11.2 pellets.

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/
Last edited by peterdragin on January 22nd, 2007, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 22nd, 2007, 9:00 pm #10

Hi

Thanks very much guys

[/IMG]
(.20 caliber). It clocked about 21 fpe stock and I detuned it to 14fpe to tame it down a little since I've got other magnum springers. Accuracy is as good as any other spring gun I've shot. Paintballs (1/2" target) at 30 yds are no problem and I can hit 1 out of 3 paintballs at 50 yds. It's really not practical to shoot airguns in the 1200 fps range. At that speed you're near the speed of sound and turbulence can really throw the pellet off. Usually there's no problem with turbulence up to 900 to 930 fps. You're also getting into high power/high recoil when it comes to spring guns at this power level and they become more difficult to shoot accurately. A step up in class from what you're looking at would be the R1 (HW80) or the HW97 shooting in the 16 to 17 fpe energy level. These will have a bit better build quality, no plastic parts (RWS's have plastic trigger blade), and a very very nice two-stage adjustable trigger.