so recently my puncher breaker .25 has

so recently my puncher breaker .25 has

August 8th, 2017, 9:29 pm #1

started blowing the cocking lever back with each shot. I checked bolt oring and it looks fine an in place...is there something more to this?

August 8th, 2017, 9:48 pm #2

hammer spring maybe because even when empty of air it pops it back...any suggestions on a fix?

August 8th, 2017, 9:59 pm #3

started blowing the cocking lever back with each shot. I checked bolt oring and it looks fine an in place...is there something more to this?
I Just picked up a PB in .22 and am curious as to how long it took for this problem to develop. I love the rifle and am capable of dealing with issues, should they arise. Thanks!

August 8th, 2017, 11:14 pm #4

it just started doing it too.It's factory an no mods or adjustments made.

August 9th, 2017, 12:33 am #5

silentmatt makes a replacement cocking lever for the puncher breaker. the lever is made of pot metal and will bend in the middle. once it starts bending, it's only a matter of time before it breaks. I have one of silentmatts levers on mine and it is a huge improvement. amazing quality. google the name to find out how to buy since I'm not sure if I can post any links here. good luck and enjoy. hope this helps.

August 9th, 2017, 2:55 am #6

Thanks Justin!! nt

August 11th, 2017, 3:06 pm #7

I ordered a Puncher Breaker that came with a defective barrel. The original had visible chattering throughout the rifling most likely from a worn out barrel reamer. It grouped like a shotgun out of the box. The factory moderator clipped pellets even with the replacement barrel. It had to be drilled out to a larger diameter before it could be used. Puncher Breaker is the right name for these. Quality control is not a hallmark of this brand, IMO.

August 23rd, 2017, 10:22 pm #8

it with a beefier one that silentMatt makes..
problem solved!