So how's everyone liking their new .22 CFX?

So how's everyone liking their new .22 CFX?

June 20th, 2007, 5:18 am #1

Mine arrived last Friday, time and weather haven't been too cooperative so I've only got a couple hundred shots through her so far. It's still box stock, just some polishing on the trigger assembly. So far, sub 1 inch at 30 yards with Superdomes. And I can actually feel it getting smoother with every shot. My first adult air rifle was a CFX, bought a year ago almost to the day. If the .22 had been available then, I'd have bought it. That CFX now belongs to my brother, has a trigger mod and a Theoben gas ram, stacks pellets at 20 yards. This one will be getting the same treatment, will most likely become my "go to" gun. In fact, it's already pushed my HW 77 aside . Was shooting 680's with Superdomes last weekend, feels like that's already crept up a bit. Will check again this weekend. Later.

Dave

June 20th, 2007, 10:39 pm #2

Keep us posted on that CFX .22. It sounds like it's coming along nice.

June 21st, 2007, 6:13 pm #3

Mine arrived last Friday, time and weather haven't been too cooperative so I've only got a couple hundred shots through her so far. It's still box stock, just some polishing on the trigger assembly. So far, sub 1 inch at 30 yards with Superdomes. And I can actually feel it getting smoother with every shot. My first adult air rifle was a CFX, bought a year ago almost to the day. If the .22 had been available then, I'd have bought it. That CFX now belongs to my brother, has a trigger mod and a Theoben gas ram, stacks pellets at 20 yards. This one will be getting the same treatment, will most likely become my "go to" gun. In fact, it's already pushed my HW 77 aside . Was shooting 680's with Superdomes last weekend, feels like that's already crept up a bit. Will check again this weekend. Later.

Dave
It arrived yesterday just before leaving for work. Unpacked it last night and looked it over. It has the GAMO CFX on the receiver with the velocity figures in gold, and the serial number on the barrel. Says made in Spain on it with the CAL. 5.5 (.22). Has a 6 inch dove tail rail mounted on it. Which measures 11mm across the top flat part. The metal edges around the loading port feel sharp, but did not cut my finger when when ran down the edges. Have not cocked it let alone shoot it yet. Measured 60mm from the end of the MB to the barrel. Then I noticed oil on the end of the calipers and barrel MB junction. Looks like a good cleaning is in order before shooting it along with tightening the screws.

Something I just noticed. On the bottom of the MB forward of the cocking lever release it looks like the plastic is dovetail formed for mounting a flash light or laser.

June 21st, 2007, 11:54 pm #4

That dove tail on the muzzle brake  is on all CFX's.

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/

June 22nd, 2007, 12:50 am #5

Dave
I just got my .22 CFX Combo today, looking forward to a friendly competition with some friends that have the varmint hunter over the July 4th holiday. One thing I noticed, is that the barrel inscription is off center....it's to the right. Is that normal? (LOL! Let's keep this clean!) One small ding in the stock, box had no marks but it's not anything I'm overly concerned with. I plan to put some rounds through it tomorrow. I have plenty of room to shoot outside, but I have not shot an air gun in a while. As far as indoors with a pellet catcher, what is the recommended distance?

June 22nd, 2007, 1:43 am #6

Dave
Mine gets here tomorrow. I'll let you know then! Meantime, I've got some parts to install on my wife's .177 cfx she stole from me...she loves that rifle!

Charles

June 22nd, 2007, 5:03 am #7

Dave
As posted elsewhere, I ordered Rich's MB, loading port lever and trigger insert after I ordered the rifle. They all arrived last Saturday morning, and I put them together over the weekend with Joe K's help on the trigger. I did have considerable trouble getting the lower sear/trigger return spring in the right place, but let-off must be 1 lb. or less now, with 2-stage operation.

It shoots wonderfully, at about 13 fpe, and this is before anything is done beyond the trigger. I camouflaged it last night with SEM vinyl/plastic dye, but have had trouble (again) getting decent-sized jpegs to post. With a little more power, this could be my favorite air gun, but until then my full-tuned 18+fpe B40 with the TX200 stock and excellent trigger is Champion. I predict the CFX will usurp the throne.

Joe C

June 22nd, 2007, 6:25 am #8

That dove tail on the muzzle brake  is on all CFX's.

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/
High Rich, Thought it probably was, but did not remember anyone mentioning it before. Another thing I did not mention, the hole for the scope stop pin goes all the way through the dovetail rail, at least a quarter inch deep. Think I'll be moving my 3-12X50 BSA over from the S1K when I scope it.

June 28th, 2007, 1:12 am #9

As posted elsewhere, I ordered Rich's MB, loading port lever and trigger insert after I ordered the rifle. They all arrived last Saturday morning, and I put them together over the weekend with Joe K's help on the trigger. I did have considerable trouble getting the lower sear/trigger return spring in the right place, but let-off must be 1 lb. or less now, with 2-stage operation.

It shoots wonderfully, at about 13 fpe, and this is before anything is done beyond the trigger. I camouflaged it last night with SEM vinyl/plastic dye, but have had trouble (again) getting decent-sized jpegs to post. With a little more power, this could be my favorite air gun, but until then my full-tuned 18+fpe B40 with the TX200 stock and excellent trigger is Champion. I predict the CFX will usurp the throne.

Joe C

I like the .22 over my .177. A lot. I've given the .177 to my wife.

Charles

June 28th, 2007, 6:02 am #10

Don't have a wife (in my case, counting my blessings) but since I got the .22, the .177 has not fired a shot. It's a beautiful rifle, but the .22 seems better.

Joe C