sling got me points (hunter class) at DIFTA

sling got me points (hunter class) at DIFTA

-bp

September 21st, 2010, 5:22 pm #1

i recently put a sling on my B-26, using 'uncle mike's' swivels which are made to clamp to the magazine tube of a marlin or winchester lever action carbine.

i use a simple, black nylon sling, 1-1/4" wide, very cheap, no pad.

i used a modified 'hasty' sling with the left hand back near the trigger guard instead of in the normal 'front of the forearm' position

until saturday's match, i have never been able to hit a target at the mandatory offhand lanes. i can't remember if i got one or two points while shooting offhand, but the sling certainly made a difference.

-bp

September 21st, 2010, 7:37 pm #2

When shooting WFTF/International, I always use a military (single point of attachment when in-use) sling for prone and kneeling and have used one for standing. I think it helps a bit for standing but the hassle-factor is high when trying to handle pellets, tighten coat, etc.

AAFTA rules definitely allow one for non-Hunter; for Hunter, the rules call for a two-point sling (like a hunter would use).

Best,

[url=mailto:joem5636@gmail.com?subject=2010%20AAFTA%20Nationals]Joe McDaniel[/url]
DIFTA Match Director
AAFTA Webmaster and Chair

September 21st, 2010, 9:00 pm #3

i recently put a sling on my B-26, using 'uncle mike's' swivels which are made to clamp to the magazine tube of a marlin or winchester lever action carbine.

i use a simple, black nylon sling, 1-1/4" wide, very cheap, no pad.

i used a modified 'hasty' sling with the left hand back near the trigger guard instead of in the normal 'front of the forearm' position

until saturday's match, i have never been able to hit a target at the mandatory offhand lanes. i can't remember if i got one or two points while shooting offhand, but the sling certainly made a difference.

-bp
is shooting offhand with aperature sights with sling..get breathing/trigger squeeze practice..