shoebox compressor

shoebox compressor

April 2nd, 2012, 2:22 am #1

I want to buy a shoebox compressor but I can`t bring myself to spend that kind of cash without speaking to a sales person over the phone about it.Thats a big chunk of change without being able to talk to someone,maybe I`m just an old timer but thats how I feel.I can`t believe they don`t have the "time" to take out of thier busy schedule to talk.

April 2nd, 2012, 2:32 am #2

I tend to be the other way. I avoid talking to salespeople. Usually I know more than they do, whatever the item happens to be, because I do research at my own pace on the 'net. What's worse is not so much often salespeople don't have information, but that they often pass of inaccurate information, so rather than helping they are hurting. I know there are good salespeople out there, just hard to come by.

April 2nd, 2012, 2:37 am #3

I want to buy a shoebox compressor but I can`t bring myself to spend that kind of cash without speaking to a sales person over the phone about it.Thats a big chunk of change without being able to talk to someone,maybe I`m just an old timer but thats how I feel.I can`t believe they don`t have the "time" to take out of thier busy schedule to talk.
I know several people that have called and talked to Tom Kaye the inventor of the shoebox! He is a great guy and will help anyone out if they need help! Give him a call he will talk to you!

April 2nd, 2012, 3:03 am #4

Be carefull kid or you'll shoot your eye out....

I can resist anything, but temptation

Pooh

April 2nd, 2012, 3:25 am #5

email to ask for a phone call or to give him your number? Tom asked for my number when i emailed him about an issue and we talked.

The other side of the coin is that when you post your phone number, you spend the rest of your life answering phone calls and never catch a break (calls at night and on weekends). So not listing a phone number........I could understand that. But Tom WILL talk to you.

April 2nd, 2012, 3:42 am #6

Email your number to info@shoeboxcompressor.com and I will call you. I am the only one that can handle technical conversations and I spend most of my day in the machine shop making parts (can't even hear the phone).

Tom Kaye

April 2nd, 2012, 3:47 am #7

450cuft at 6000psi cost less than $200- delivered, including tank rental and will last over a year without noise or maintenance.
same start-up cost as a shoebox, [for fill gauges and regulator] but no maintenance or fuss or standing over a noisy machine. ever.

Call Air Liquide® and ask them about their ultra pure Nitrogen.
Last edited by buzzardslunch on April 2nd, 2012, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2012, 4:10 am #8

OF COURSE IT IS A BIT HARD TO LOAD A 300LB TANK IN YOUR CAR/TRUCK AND TAKE IT TO THE RANGE OR HUNTING! and i know it wouldn't fit in my backpack. i bought one of the first shoebox's Tom made 2 years ago and wouldn't backtrack for anything.
Last edited by dollarhunt on April 2nd, 2012, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2012, 5:51 am #9

You need to correct your email address that comes up when your name is clicked to send a private message.

The rr and wi are in the wrong places. No one can send you email directly.

April 2nd, 2012, 5:56 am #10

OF COURSE IT IS A BIT HARD TO LOAD A 300LB TANK IN YOUR CAR/TRUCK AND TAKE IT TO THE RANGE OR HUNTING! and i know it wouldn't fit in my backpack. i bought one of the first shoebox's Tom made 2 years ago and wouldn't backtrack for anything.
in your back pack i suppose.
i wasnt saying you should back track.
Im saying there are better alternatives that deserve consideration.
especially if you are uncommitted, to any system.