Shallow Receiver Grooves on Gamo Expo

Shallow Receiver Grooves on Gamo Expo

February 22nd, 2012, 3:04 am #1

New to the forum and have just returned to airguns after a 25 year hiatus.

I purchased a $5 Gamo Expo at a garage sale and the front sight cover and pin are missing/busted. Rather than try to find an unobtainium replacement front sight, I though I would mount a scope.

The grooves are incredibly shallow on the receiver and I can not mount a Tasco - admittedly cheap and imprecise - scope.

What am I missing? I apologize if this has been answered 1000 times. I tried searching the archives with no luck.

Thank you!

February 23rd, 2012, 2:58 am #2

a Gamo scope and mounts. Most of the older gamos I have messed with all have shollow grooves. But the gamo scope mounts seem to hold tight.

Some people call it a Kaiser blade,,, I call it a Sling blade. ummhmm

February 23rd, 2012, 2:12 pm #3

I just ordered a Gamo scope and ring set off Amazon. Fingers crossed!

February 26th, 2012, 4:42 pm #4

New to the forum and have just returned to airguns after a 25 year hiatus.

I purchased a $5 Gamo Expo at a garage sale and the front sight cover and pin are missing/busted. Rather than try to find an unobtainium replacement front sight, I though I would mount a scope.

The grooves are incredibly shallow on the receiver and I can not mount a Tasco - admittedly cheap and imprecise - scope.

What am I missing? I apologize if this has been answered 1000 times. I tried searching the archives with no luck.

Thank you!
you may be able to file a sharper edge on the the claw of the rings to grip the shallow groove better.