Shadow Sport review part 1

Shadow Sport review part 1

July 16th, 2006, 4:20 am #1

Okay to start off, all of you are correct it dosent really do 1000fps with lead. Now to the good stuff. When the box opened I was happier than ever. I emediatley cleaned it and opened a box of ammo. WOW! it is powerful. It packs a nice wallop. It looks sharp, has a real wood stalk, adjustable trigger, and is very light weight. This is the ultimate spring powerd hunting air rifle. It weighed in it at 6.6lbs(scoped). I love this thing. Now for the dissapointment. The barrel is platic(SAYS ITS STEAL!!) and it viberates big time. It is loud ta boot(that all changes when you are more that 15 yds from the muzzle). The scope base you see isn't the base it comes with, it has actuall scope rings wich isn't a problem. She is very accurate too. I have got the chane ta open up at long range but I got to go hunting with the night it arrived. It has more that enough power! At 40 yds it picked a staling and made it flpi twice befor hitting the ground. The average velocity was 945fps(I can live with and expect to hear comments) and I will fill you in soon on accuracy and much more soon!

sav300

July 16th, 2006, 4:42 am #2

was afraid that some of those "cool looking" new barrels would be plastic. Thanks again and keep us posted.

July 16th, 2006, 4:44 am #3

I'm sure that will cause a stir to many of the people that buy them.

sav300

July 16th, 2006, 4:46 am #4

Okay to start off, all of you are correct it dosent really do 1000fps with lead. Now to the good stuff. When the box opened I was happier than ever. I emediatley cleaned it and opened a box of ammo. WOW! it is powerful. It packs a nice wallop. It looks sharp, has a real wood stalk, adjustable trigger, and is very light weight. This is the ultimate spring powerd hunting air rifle. It weighed in it at 6.6lbs(scoped). I love this thing. Now for the dissapointment. The barrel is platic(SAYS ITS STEAL!!) and it viberates big time. It is loud ta boot(that all changes when you are more that 15 yds from the muzzle). The scope base you see isn't the base it comes with, it has actuall scope rings wich isn't a problem. She is very accurate too. I have got the chane ta open up at long range but I got to go hunting with the night it arrived. It has more that enough power! At 40 yds it picked a staling and made it flpi twice befor hitting the ground. The average velocity was 945fps(I can live with and expect to hear comments) and I will fill you in soon on accuracy and much more soon!

sav300
The specs for the rifle already said it was a Polymer steel barrel, plastic sleeve slid on the barrel.

Now we know for sure, Huh ?

July 16th, 2006, 4:47 am #5

I'm sure that will cause a stir to many of the people that buy them.

sav300
Hmm. Isn't part of the gamo description saying something about a onepiece scope/base? Also you said the stock is wood, looks like a shadow synthetic in the pics I saw. can you clarify?
The barrel thing, with the rings issue, just makes you go hmm.

On the plastic barrel, what parts are actually plastic? (humor me here

July 16th, 2006, 4:49 am #6

The specs for the rifle already said it was a Polymer steel barrel, plastic sleeve slid on the barrel.

Now we know for sure, Huh ?
but that doesn't bother me to much.

sav300

sav300

July 16th, 2006, 4:55 am #7

Hmm. Isn't part of the gamo description saying something about a onepiece scope/base? Also you said the stock is wood, looks like a shadow synthetic in the pics I saw. can you clarify?
The barrel thing, with the rings issue, just makes you go hmm.

On the plastic barrel, what parts are actually plastic? (humor me here
wood stock instead. When I orderd it I had them put the wood one on since I favor the wood stock. I will order the synthetic later(mabe). For the barrel, ITS ALL plastic! Clear up to the action!! Oh well, at least it shoots right? as for the rings, It did say a new one piece mount. I am still impressed by it.

sav300

sav300

July 16th, 2006, 4:56 am #8

but that doesn't bother me to much.

sav300

sav300
The scope is a BSA 3-9x40, very crisp scope.

sav300
Last edited by sav300 on July 16th, 2006, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 16th, 2006, 4:59 am #9

sav300
I'm glad you enjoy your rifle. Like i said befour its got a typical shadow powerplant and your velecitys prove this out. Excellent power for a pest hunter through. I too am surprised by the wood stock I was expecting plastic like in the photos and one of those new fangled 1 piece scope mounts. I would question Gamo on the scope mount maybe they will send you one free. Its worth a shot. Other than the plastic coated barrel(I did'nt like this when I had my delta) it sounds like a nice rifle and it obvously is a hunting gun as you proved. Enjoy your new gun and remember. WE WANT PHOTOS! Good first impression test Sav300.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
God, I hate NJ!!!!!!!!!
I like Iron Sights!
I hate Venomous Reptiles!
CFX - Accurate, powerful, and fun.
Crosman 600's are a BLAST!

July 16th, 2006, 5:05 am #10

In the mean time will be running tests. By the way you certianly were right about the velocity and all.
Will post soon,

sav300
Last edited by sav300 on July 16th, 2006, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.