Semi-formal, fun field target shoot in Pendleton, OR this saturday.

Semi-formal, fun field target shoot in Pendleton, OR this saturday.

October 12th, 2010, 2:37 am #1

Sorry I forgot to give more warning of this event. Last time we had 15 shooters and everyone that attended the last one got a flyer.

We'll have two rounds of shooting then lunch. Everyone with any air rifle is welcome. No classes, just shooting. About 10 knock-down targets (in trees, on rocks, in the water, etc), 2 water balloon targets, small game spinners, 5 spoon spinners, frying pan, bell target, etc. Any shooting position on most targets of 10-55 yards but a few stations will be predetermined positions. One target will be over 55 yards as a bonus score target.

Call or e-mail me if you are interested. Doug (541) 278-9766

I'll post pics afterwards.

lhd

October 12th, 2010, 3:13 am #2

I havent wore a tie since I retired over 15yrs ago!

October 12th, 2010, 5:40 am #3

Sorry I forgot to give more warning of this event. Last time we had 15 shooters and everyone that attended the last one got a flyer.

We'll have two rounds of shooting then lunch. Everyone with any air rifle is welcome. No classes, just shooting. About 10 knock-down targets (in trees, on rocks, in the water, etc), 2 water balloon targets, small game spinners, 5 spoon spinners, frying pan, bell target, etc. Any shooting position on most targets of 10-55 yards but a few stations will be predetermined positions. One target will be over 55 yards as a bonus score target.

Call or e-mail me if you are interested. Doug (541) 278-9766

I'll post pics afterwards.
I think Jim C. is having a similar event in Sacramento next weekend too. I'd love to be at both, but work is interfering with my hobby.

October 12th, 2010, 5:52 am #4

Diablo Rod and Gun Club has their FT Match on Sunday.

Regards,

Tony

October 12th, 2010, 7:20 am #5

weekend of the 17th is what I remember, not the specific date, sorry.

October 12th, 2010, 7:28 am #6

Diablo Rod and Gun Club has their FT Match on Sunday.

Regards,

Tony
Hi Tony,

Just realized last week that the Fun Shoot was the same day as your Diablo match, we'll miss you good luck at the match.

Jon B all work and no play is bad for you. Come on down and join us when you can.

Jim in Sacramento

October 12th, 2010, 7:38 am #7

So more folks can try and make it up there...was planning on bringing my Caldwell Whooting Gallery and Monsoon...moving targets and semi auto is a lot of fun!

Oh well, next time!

Regards,

Tony

October 12th, 2010, 3:59 pm #8

I havent wore a tie since I retired over 15yrs ago!
naaaaaa i saw you with one at State finals. lol. just kidding.
NorCal Air Gunners
Ronnie Easton
President

October 12th, 2010, 4:12 pm #9

So more folks can try and make it up there...was planning on bringing my Caldwell Whooting Gallery and Monsoon...moving targets and semi auto is a lot of fun!

Oh well, next time!

Regards,

Tony
I was having trouble getting a date for the range we use and booked the date before checking the calendar for other conflicts. I will avoid this problem in the future.

I am going to look into the possibilty of an outdoor benchrest match at the Sac Valley Range. I will let you know more after the weekend.

Jim in Sacramento

October 12th, 2010, 4:26 pm #10

As you know, I am just getting my feet wet with the BR Game and will actively go to your matches if the dates and times are doable.

Are you thinking shooting Groups or Points using the typical 25 shot BR Target(1 shot per Bull) or using the NRA 10 Bull A-36 10m Target and shooting one shot per bull(or groups on it lime they do in Temecula) or ?

On the Fun Shoots, I have lots of targets(and a couple of Airguns ) that I can bring up.

Regards,

Tony