Score!

Score!

May 22nd, 2012, 5:25 am #1

Was browsing Craigslist tonight, and picked up an early Crosman 600 with two vintage tins of pellets for $150. Bad part, I had to make a 75 mile drive in the middle of the night to the middle of nowhere. This thing is minty...I'll have pictures tomorrow.

May 22nd, 2012, 8:05 am #2

Was using Craigspal tonight and this popped up while surfing:

May 19th, 2012

Announcement:

On May 18th 2012, CraigsPal received Cease and Desist letter from Brian Hennessy of Perkins Coie who represents Craigslist.org. I have thought about this letter for a while now and have come to the unfortunate conclusion that Im going to run down craigspal.com.

While I could consult a lawyer and fight the most egregious of the claims within the C&D, Ive decided that the upside in conducting a legal battle is just too small. Despite the claims in the C&D letter, I have never really profited. Thats right. While Craigslist attempts to cast me as some kind of evil profiteer, theyre making an estimated $25 million per employee.

Im glad Craigslist makes money though. I just wish they would reinvest their profits in innovation. Instead of paying lawyers to shut down innovative ideas, they could be searching for ways to make Craigslist better. And there are thousands of people who would say that CraigsPal made Craigslist a lot better.

This year I picked up some great vintage surfboards thanks to Craigspal. Its also helped thousands of other people find collectibles, jobs, gigs, cars, and even a lost pet. In fact a few forward thinking police departments were using Craigspal to find stolen property being sold on Craigslist. To my knowledge Craigslist doesnt provide any tools for law enforcement officers to monitor their listings for illegal activity.

If you are a current Craigspal member, this means, it was fantastic experience, but it's over. You wont be able to re-subscribe nor will any current free subscribers be able to use it. I am deeply touched with waves of feedback, support and praise about the CraigsPal project you may still send to info@craigspal.com. I am greatly thankful for helping so many people to find their dreams and make them happy, this is my biggest reward.

On a personal note, I cant help but feel that I let down my most fervent supporters, especially my wife and children who has supported me during the thousands of hours I spent developing, refining, and supporting this software and members.

Sincerely,

Craigs Pal.

Nothing good ever seems to last anymore. I'm going to miss this great program.

Tim
VPilot

May 22nd, 2012, 4:33 pm #3

A number of clones hosted in overseas locations would pop up quickly. Craigslist has a lot of utility but it hasn't done anything to help the user experience in eons. It's interesting that 'Craig' is insistent on the locality of his site while the mechanism used to access it (the internet) is the definition of broad, universal and inclusive. Maybe Craig would prefer local internets too.

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org

May 22nd, 2012, 5:54 pm #4

May 19th, 2012

Announcement:

On May 18th 2012, CraigsPal received Cease and Desist letter from Brian Hennessy of Perkins Coie who represents Craigslist.org. I have thought about this letter for a while now and have come to the unfortunate conclusion that Im going to run down craigspal.com.

While I could consult a lawyer and fight the most egregious of the claims within the C&D, Ive decided that the upside in conducting a legal battle is just too small. Despite the claims in the C&D letter, I have never really profited. Thats right. While Craigslist attempts to cast me as some kind of evil profiteer, theyre making an estimated $25 million per employee.

Im glad Craigslist makes money though. I just wish they would reinvest their profits in innovation. Instead of paying lawyers to shut down innovative ideas, they could be searching for ways to make Craigslist better. And there are thousands of people who would say that CraigsPal made Craigslist a lot better.

This year I picked up some great vintage surfboards thanks to Craigspal. Its also helped thousands of other people find collectibles, jobs, gigs, cars, and even a lost pet. In fact a few forward thinking police departments were using Craigspal to find stolen property being sold on Craigslist. To my knowledge Craigslist doesnt provide any tools for law enforcement officers to monitor their listings for illegal activity.

If you are a current Craigspal member, this means, it was fantastic experience, but it's over. You wont be able to re-subscribe nor will any current free subscribers be able to use it. I am deeply touched with waves of feedback, support and praise about the CraigsPal project you may still send to info@craigspal.com. I am greatly thankful for helping so many people to find their dreams and make them happy, this is my biggest reward.

On a personal note, I cant help but feel that I let down my most fervent supporters, especially my wife and children who has supported me during the thousands of hours I spent developing, refining, and supporting this software and members.

Sincerely,

Craigs Pal.

Tim
VPilot
Jaxed,com which was a great site to browse items on Craigslist nationwide. Now that you can no longer find items on Craiglist through Jaxed, I stopped using Jaxed or Craiglist for finding products/items I'm looking for. The fact that Craigslist makes it very difficult to browse beyond local just lessens it's usefulness to me. No hard feelings against them however, as it is their business and I've sold a couple of items locally using an ad on Craigslist. It's just confusing as to why they don't want someone to have the ability to search Craigslist ads across the country. Whatever (shrug)...

May 22nd, 2012, 6:24 pm #5

Just went hunting air rifles with Search Tempest and found new wacky stuff attributed to new C-L rules. Bah! why they have to hobble me just makes no sense. A bit ago I hunted me up a rust-free, Gen 1 turbodiesel...such things don't exist in Michigan...
cheers,
Douglas

May 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm #6

May 19th, 2012

Announcement:

Sincerely,

Craigs Pal.

Tim
VPilot
http://www.adhuntr.com/

Used to be "all of craigslist"

ssssssssSame result

ssssSnake

May 23rd, 2012, 4:57 am #7

A number of clones hosted in overseas locations would pop up quickly. Craigslist has a lot of utility but it hasn't done anything to help the user experience in eons. It's interesting that 'Craig' is insistent on the locality of his site while the mechanism used to access it (the internet) is the definition of broad, universal and inclusive. Maybe Craig would prefer local internets too.

CASA Member - California Airgun Shooters Association: http://socasa.org
That should shed a little light on the matter. First they killed off the core seller base on ebay, now they'll try to kill off or hamstring the competition the sellers fled to. I guess they figure it'll force some to return to ebay and accept the atrocious fees. Ebay is a dying, stinking carcass of a once vibrant community of innovation and entrepreneurial genius. No doubt Craigslist is headed down the same path under the same inept leadership.

Tim
VPilot