scope

scope

November 10th, 2006, 5:54 am #1

I am interested in hearing what scope and mounts used on others CFX Gamo. I got a BSA scope with the rifle at time of purchase but was wanting to upgrade. I have heard some say the Beeman one piece adjustable is the way to go for a solid mount. I'm new to this so can someone tell me what they mean by an adjustable mount? Does that mean you can adjust the mounts to prevent from turning the adjusters themselves on the scope so much? Can someone line me out on this?
Jeffery
Last edited by jtcrrt on November 10th, 2006, 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 10th, 2006, 11:29 am #2

I have a leapers 3x9x50 mildot illuminated reticle on my CFX and mounted the scope on an Accushot high profile 1 piece mount. Combo works great and no scope creep whatsoever. You can get the Accushot mounts from Pyramydair or Sunshine Airguns. Sunshine has the best price, I think they're going for $13.00 now. I have the Accushot mount on several other rifles and love them. I use the gun for hunting and pest control and absolutely love it. Extremely accurate with Superdomes and JSB Predator pellets.

Jeff

November 10th, 2006, 11:12 pm #3

I am interested in hearing what scope and mounts used on others CFX Gamo. I got a BSA scope with the rifle at time of purchase but was wanting to upgrade. I have heard some say the Beeman one piece adjustable is the way to go for a solid mount. I'm new to this so can someone tell me what they mean by an adjustable mount? Does that mean you can adjust the mounts to prevent from turning the adjusters themselves on the scope so much? Can someone line me out on this?
Jeffery
I use a Gamo adjustable one piece mount with a Hawke Airmax 5.5-16X44 AOA scope. Works nice for me with no creep whatsoever. One word of caution when looking for scopes, don't get one that is too long as it could interfere with the loading port.

November 12th, 2006, 12:12 am #4

Jeffery

November 12th, 2006, 1:29 pm #5

nt.