Scope rings for P-Rod

Scope rings for P-Rod

May 5th, 2012, 12:44 am #1

Okay, so I just bit the bullet and bought a P-rod and Gaska shroud extension. I have a scope all set for it, but it needs rings. Does the P-rod need high rings to accommodate the magazine, or will medium ones work?
Thanks in advance,
Chris

May 5th, 2012, 1:24 am #2

the scope has to clear the mag, if the scope tubes will fit over the breech opening, and not restrict the mag, than med mounts should work, if not than your gonna have to use high.
I have high rings on mine, I wear glasses and need them to be high to get my sight plane on line plus the small buster scope I have on mine, need the high mounts to clear the mag.

if you have both monuts, try them both, they have to be comfortable for you.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

May 5th, 2012, 3:41 am #3

Okay, so I just bit the bullet and bought a P-rod and Gaska shroud extension. I have a scope all set for it, but it needs rings. Does the P-rod need high rings to accommodate the magazine, or will medium ones work?
Thanks in advance,
Chris
3 different scopes on mine and never had a clearance issue using medium rings.

May 5th, 2012, 12:40 pm #4

Thanks in advance,
Chris
..so the scope doesn't hae to fit over the tallest part. Medium rings have worked for me.

May 5th, 2012, 4:57 pm #5

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Looks like I'll be picking up some medium rings.
Thanks,
Chris

May 5th, 2012, 11:14 pm #6

Thanks in advance,
Chris
boo

May 9th, 2012, 5:39 am #7

Looks like I'll be picking up some medium rings.
Thanks,
Chris
That's what I always do, find out what will fit right there on the counter.

Only the wise read signatures.