Scope Rings For Discovery

Scope Rings For Discovery

October 8th, 2008, 2:45 am #1

Hi, This is my first post on the Discovery section.

I have a Discovery .22 on order from Mac1 and have a 1 inch scope for the rifle.
Being I have size 12 ring fingers, and all too well remembering (and still do) have a hard time getting a pellet in the breech of my old Blue streak under the scope rail...
Is there a common set of rings that everyone has had the best luck with, as far as getting the pellet in the breech, under the scope.

btw, I'm also waiting to see if a bolt on multi round index cylinder becomes available..kinda like the one that the Logon Solo uses.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Ron

October 8th, 2008, 3:18 am #2

...and they will be required for the magazine you mentioned for the Discovery...

October 8th, 2008, 10:22 am #3

Thanks!
Any certain brand?
Just looking at pictures online...the "high" rating doesn't seem very standardized, some look higher than others...the ones that do look higher seem to be much cheaper and I don't want to buy junk.

Ron

October 8th, 2008, 11:23 am #4

I'm using those on my Discovery .22...they are around $16 as I recall...

[/IMG]

October 8th, 2008, 2:26 pm #5

Thanks,

I bought a set of those at Airgundepot for 16.00, plus 9.34 for shipping

Ron

October 10th, 2008, 4:15 pm #6

Hi, This is my first post on the Discovery section.

I have a Discovery .22 on order from Mac1 and have a 1 inch scope for the rifle.
Being I have size 12 ring fingers, and all too well remembering (and still do) have a hard time getting a pellet in the breech of my old Blue streak under the scope rail...
Is there a common set of rings that everyone has had the best luck with, as far as getting the pellet in the breech, under the scope.

btw, I'm also waiting to see if a bolt on multi round index cylinder becomes available..kinda like the one that the Logon Solo uses.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Ron
rotating the scope 1/4 turn counterclockwise,so the elevation knob become the windage knob,and try to get the knob saddle ahead of the loading port.The extra clearance helps.
You can also lower the metal in the wood about 1/8" to 1/4" before the gauge or trigger guard look funny.That effectively raises the cheek piece.I use 180 sandpaper wrapped around a 2 foot section of 3/4" diameter tube.