scope mount

scope mount

February 17th, 2007, 12:05 am #1

I have both a accushot one piece and Beeman 5039 scope mounts. I am getting ready to mount a scope on my CFX and was wondering which would be best to use. I have read that optically centering a scope is important, so wouldn't the Beeman be the more capable mount to maintain this center? I also have a 3-12X40 Barska and a 3-X32 Golden Antlers. Which combination would you use?
Jeffery
Last edited by jtcrrt on February 17th, 2007, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 17th, 2007, 1:40 am #2

use both if they are the same height, which is what I do.

February 17th, 2007, 1:53 am #3

I have both a accushot one piece and Beeman 5039 scope mounts. I am getting ready to mount a scope on my CFX and was wondering which would be best to use. I have read that optically centering a scope is important, so wouldn't the Beeman be the more capable mount to maintain this center? I also have a 3-12X40 Barska and a 3-X32 Golden Antlers. Which combination would you use?
Jeffery
I have a Leapers 3-12x44 on my CFX, it's a good range for this rifle. After optically centering your scope, I'd try the Accushot first. If it's reasonbly close, you're good to go. But if yours is like mine, you'll want to use the 5039. Everyone says the CFX doesn't have barrel droop, but mine does! I've shimmed my scope for now, the 5039 isn't available for 30mm tubes, and the alternatives don't impress me. HTH.

Dave

February 17th, 2007, 2:18 am #4

Thanks for the response. Dave after mounting the accushot, what would you consider reasonably close and at what distance?
Jeffery

February 17th, 2007, 4:10 am #5

I have a Leapers 3-12x44 on my CFX, it's a good range for this rifle. After optically centering your scope, I'd try the Accushot first. If it's reasonbly close, you're good to go. But if yours is like mine, you'll want to use the 5039. Everyone says the CFX doesn't have barrel droop, but mine does! I've shimmed my scope for now, the 5039 isn't available for 30mm tubes, and the alternatives don't impress me. HTH.

Dave
on my B20, it solved lots of sighting problems I had w/ fixed mounts. If the barrel is not darn close to perfectly aligned, i'd use the beeman mount. I used a couple of torpedo levels to check the barrel - compression tube alignment.

I think the beeman mounts are made by B-square, they look just like b-square adj. mounts, but more expensive.

Good luck.

February 17th, 2007, 5:07 am #6

Thanks for the response. Dave after mounting the accushot, what would you consider reasonably close and at what distance?
Jeffery
At 10 FEET, POI should be about the same distance below POA as the barrel centerline is below scope centerline. If your scope is a typical 1/4" per click at 100 yards, to change POI by 1" at 10 feet would require over 120 clicks. That's probably close to half the total adjustment you have available. I think I'd go to the adjustable if the difference is much over 1/4" at 10 feet. I could be wrong, though, and I'm sure we'll hear about it if I am ! HTH.

Dave