Ruger spring piston gun....has anyone tried one?

Ruger spring piston gun....has anyone tried one?

February 29th, 2012, 12:28 am #1

If so, how are they out of the box?

Makes good power, looks like.

Looks like a good candidate for a nice lube tune, deburr and then a dot sight on top.

Remans at Airgun depot for a good price,

God bless,

Farmer

February 29th, 2012, 2:18 am #2

i like my ruger airhawk elite. its the same as a regular airhawk with a fancier stock. thats the one thing i dont care for is the stock on mine it adds to much bulk. i tuned mine which i didnt really need to it was shooting good enough stock condition but was pretty dry inside one thing i found was both the bolts that hold the stock on near the barrel end were stripped out so i tossed them and retapped it to 1/4 inch. the bolt holes in the wood didnt line up with the action worth a darn either. all in all i would buy one in 22 in a heartbeat if they made one. i dont know if its me or my rws 34 needs a tune but i can shoot my airhawk better than my 34. at 20 yards most pellets touch id bet mine is 1/2 inch or less ten shot group. i havent even tried pellets i started with crossman premier hollow points and they do good enough for me.i hope this helps great gun for the money. i hear the scope isnt that good on the regular airhawk mine has an upgraded 3-9 on it. take care farmer

February 29th, 2012, 11:23 am #3

some are good but there have been some not so good....with a lube tune they smooth out nice. RWS 34 kit from JM fits good and helps smooth them out. The liner in the piston tends to bend if cocked to hard so firm but easy on the cocking stroke...any problems you can contact me for help, when I return from China...20 March 2012....

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com
Bestairgun.com 515-924-3699

February 29th, 2012, 1:23 pm #4

Looks like a good candidate for a nice lube tune, deburr and then a dot sight on top.

God bless,

Farmer
sorry again.

Mike, hope you have a safe trip. Farmer no like airplane........I have thought about the airhawk/blackhawks, but the b-25 is best for me. .22 just better suited all around.
You should consider offering/listing that cut down barrel version, Mike. Like a "Pro 34" panther in .22 which as you know, CAN'T be had.

Anyway, the little Ruger Mark I pistol.....anybody?

I can shoot a P-1 pretty well, but I want one that is low cost, to keep in the bottom of a tackle box. Boat sinks, hey, Im only out 50 bucks, not 300-400.

God bless you guys,

Farmer

February 29th, 2012, 3:27 pm #5

depends on the barrel if they turn out nice, really nice or OMG...

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com
Bestairgun.com 515-924-3699

March 1st, 2012, 4:52 am #6

sorry again.

Mike, hope you have a safe trip. Farmer no like airplane........I have thought about the airhawk/blackhawks, but the b-25 is best for me. .22 just better suited all around.
You should consider offering/listing that cut down barrel version, Mike. Like a "Pro 34" panther in .22 which as you know, CAN'T be had.

Anyway, the little Ruger Mark I pistol.....anybody?

I can shoot a P-1 pretty well, but I want one that is low cost, to keep in the bottom of a tackle box. Boat sinks, hey, Im only out 50 bucks, not 300-400.

God bless you guys,

Farmer
The P17 is ideal for that. Low cost, about 400FPS, good trigger, and accurate. Under $50.

March 1st, 2012, 4:42 pm #7

wanting just a little more gun, case the old muskrat shows up, or a mud turtle.

Muskrats will destroy a dam, and turtles will eat up all your fish.

God bless,

Farmer

March 2nd, 2012, 2:46 am #8

Know guns, Know peace, know liberty.
No guns, no peace no liberty.

March 2nd, 2012, 6:21 pm #9

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Beeman_P17/614

http://www.airgundepot.com/refurbished- ... 6509r.html

I have the P-17, as earlier poster mentioned, GREAT pistol.

Very accurate.

God bless,

Farmer

March 2nd, 2012, 10:21 pm #10

God bless,

Farmer
About all that's left are the Browning and the Hatsan spring pistols. Or go over to the CO2 darkside and get a 2240.