Ron, Leo, Scott, Yegua - my list of excuses

Ron, Leo, Scott, Yegua - my list of excuses

June 14th, 2012, 5:17 pm #1

Hey guys,

Just want to check in and let you know I wasn't just a flash in the Yegua pan. Or maybe you were hoping?! Haha. After the last YAC match, I left with an injured air ranger (thanks, SON) and no FT rifle. Then there was non stop work, no weekends off, and more recently open heart surgery. These days I've been shooting with my boy, messing with prods, discos, and de-bugging a .177 MROD for FT. Yes Ron, I coming for you! Hehe.

I check here pretty regularly to see what's happening at YAC, but the site hasn't been updated in a while. Also, I'm trying to bring FT and silhouette to Austin. More on that later. Leo, call (248.470.8227) or email me and we can set up a site survey of what hopefully will be the new home of CTAC.

My boy Jenson earned his first shooting trophy the other day. He was shooting the p-rod offhand and I said "I'll give you buck if you can hit that". It was a chicken silhouette up in a tree at an unknown, not very close range. I should have kept my mouth shut, because he had yet to miss one shot! I handed him the dollar and he promptly stapled it to a board. Instant plaque! The force is strong in this one..

Well, hope to see yall soon.

Brian

..if I had money, they'd call me "eccentric"

June 14th, 2012, 7:07 pm #2

June 15th, 2012, 5:24 am #3

Hey guys,

Just want to check in and let you know I wasn't just a flash in the Yegua pan. Or maybe you were hoping?! Haha. After the last YAC match, I left with an injured air ranger (thanks, SON) and no FT rifle. Then there was non stop work, no weekends off, and more recently open heart surgery. These days I've been shooting with my boy, messing with prods, discos, and de-bugging a .177 MROD for FT. Yes Ron, I coming for you! Hehe.

I check here pretty regularly to see what's happening at YAC, but the site hasn't been updated in a while. Also, I'm trying to bring FT and silhouette to Austin. More on that later. Leo, call (248.470.8227) or email me and we can set up a site survey of what hopefully will be the new home of CTAC.

My boy Jenson earned his first shooting trophy the other day. He was shooting the p-rod offhand and I said "I'll give you buck if you can hit that". It was a chicken silhouette up in a tree at an unknown, not very close range. I should have kept my mouth shut, because he had yet to miss one shot! I handed him the dollar and he promptly stapled it to a board. Instant plaque! The force is strong in this one..

Brian

I'm not as dumb as I look! Worried I insulted you (about shooting speed) and lost you guys forever. Good to hear maybe we didn't lose you. Sorry to hear about the overworking and heart surgery... maybe they're related. What you need is a little R & R, Bud! The next Yegua match is June 24, and I'm having a little FT fun match at my new (40 acre) place outside Waco this Saturday. Let me know if y'all are interested; if so I'll call you.

June 15th, 2012, 4:53 pm #4

a whole herd of lucky goats now!

Bummer. June 23-24 is a no go for me, and my equipment is still a clusterf**k by FT standards.

Definitely let me know about any fun shoots you have. I'll see if tomorrow is do able and call if we can head up that way. Your # the same?

PS - takes more than that to scare us away! I AM as dumb as I look, and even I knew we were the slowest pair on the course. My boy puts a lot of pressure on himself (for a 9 year old). Didn't want to risk killing the joy by rushing him through his first FT match. Must have worked, cuz he can't wait to do it again. Soon I hope!

Brian

June 15th, 2012, 6:51 pm #5

Just wish I didn't have to walk around to kiss them! :-O

June 16th, 2012, 9:32 pm #6

Hey guys,

Brian

Well darn about missing the 24June Match. We should be back on the 3rd Sunday in July. Not sure what's happening in August. It's great to hear about a future CTAC shooting site.