Robert Shimuzu, are you out there?

Robert Shimuzu, are you out there?

October 20th, 2011, 2:40 pm #1

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting you, but I couldn't help but notice that you also shoot a lefty MK1 TX and was curious about the stock. Is that a Macari stock?

If anyone else knows anything about the gun or knows Robert and can chime in with some info, it would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Vines

EDIT: Duh, I guess it could be a MK11 as the bear trap wouldn't be visible from that angle?
Last edited by stevevines on October 20th, 2011, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 20th, 2011, 2:55 pm #2

If I tell it, I'll just mess it up, but the base line is, the rifle belonged to someone special who had passed away, and the rifle is to be passed on/around... I heard from Mr. Shimizu that Roz may end up with it... Please fill in the blanks Robert.

October 20th, 2011, 3:09 pm #3

and I should thankyou for the photo as well. Hoping someone else will chime in?

Vines

October 20th, 2011, 4:17 pm #4

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting you, but I couldn't help but notice that you also shoot a lefty MK1 TX and was curious about the stock. Is that a Macari stock?

If anyone else knows anything about the gun or knows Robert and can chime in with some info, it would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Vines

EDIT: Duh, I guess it could be a MK11 as the bear trap wouldn't be visible from that angle?
The stock is by Tom Anderson who had been making custom stocks for a long time. Don't know if he is still around. The MKI rifle is a pure left hander with the loading port cutout on the left side. It belonged to Bruce Parathaner, one of the bulwarks of the Field Target community for many years. Bruce passed away last year and his family gave the rifle to Steve Cox's Blue Grass club to auction. Robert, a close friend of Bruce, outbid the field.
Cliff

October 20th, 2011, 10:35 pm #5

Don't know how but something told me that airgun was special.

Thanks again

Vines

October 22nd, 2011, 12:45 am #6

Thanks in advance

Vines

If the stock looks like this outline, it's done by Nick Jenkinson (from the UK).

This is an SR too (I had it shipped from the UK) a few years ago.

Looks the same to me...

[/IMG]

Chuck
Last edited by chuckjordan2 on October 22nd, 2011, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 22nd, 2011, 11:57 am #7

You may be correct. Bruce donated his TX to us and his Shamal to BR as they were his two favorite places to shoot. I am the one who made the call on the maker, but could be mistaken.
Nick, a three time World Champion, co-designed the TX for AA and subsequently had a small airgun business called Link Arms. He is a stockmaker as well with the standard TX stock and the NJR 100 being his most famous designs.
Nick was a good friend of Bruce - as he is still with a lot of us oldtimers - and could have made it for Bruce. Will give him a call and see if he remembers. There was also an Invicta pellet holder in the package - so there is definitely a British connection.

October 22nd, 2011, 12:45 pm #8

I secured this TX200SR (LH) from two gentleman in the UK, Tony Collins and Dale Foster. Dale knows Nick very well.

If you talk to Nick, tell him this is the Hydeua stock (pics don't do it justice).

Chuck