Revolution owners

Revolution owners

May 14th, 2012, 10:34 pm #1

The screw in cap at the end of my barrel came loose on me so I decided to take a peek inside. Empty. Stuck my finger in and pow (just kidding) and it came out covered in a thick grey pasty grease. I thought that maybe something was blowing out the air cylinder. Then it occurred to me that perhaps it's there to catch the lead dust to prevent the auto cycler from getting clogged up.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is there for that purpose, does anyone know what it is exactly? I wiped some out before the thought occurred. I may have to smear some back in.

May 15th, 2012, 1:24 am #2

That is lead dust being collected. I just take my front muzzlebrake off every now and then and give it a good cleaning.

May 15th, 2012, 3:27 am #3

So your lead dust collects as a pasty greasy goo?

May 15th, 2012, 8:47 pm #4

The screw in cap at the end of my barrel came loose on me so I decided to take a peek inside. Empty. Stuck my finger in and pow (just kidding) and it came out covered in a thick grey pasty grease. I thought that maybe something was blowing out the air cylinder. Then it occurred to me that perhaps it's there to catch the lead dust to prevent the auto cycler from getting clogged up.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is there for that purpose, does anyone know what it is exactly? I wiped some out before the thought occurred. I may have to smear some back in.
from pellet lube. NOT GOOD to do this if you are doing this on a Semi
Auto as the lube gets into the return air tube,,,very bad. What you are seeing has already past the return air tube. Even if you do not lube your pellets it is simply blow by from factory lube on JSB's.
Remember Do-Not lube pellets on the Revo.

May 15th, 2012, 10:39 pm #5

I wash all my pellets and then blow-dry them. I then use a little pledge furniture spray on them, blow-dry them till dry. So, what ever it is, it's not from the pellets.
Last edited by peterdulux on May 16th, 2012, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2012, 12:33 am #6

"Straight" from tin...I do not have a goo/buildup?
Last edited by CheckUrSix on May 16th, 2012, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2012, 3:04 am #7

If it's in the blow by tube, how do I clean the system with out ripping into the gun?

I'll wash pellets and not lube them in future.