REMINDER! Diablo Air Gun Fun Day & Benchrest match this Sunday May 28th Concord, CA

May 25th, 2017, 1:05 am #1

Many of you had been asking about the next Air Gun Fun Day/ Benchrest match. Well it is this Sunday starting at 9:00 AM for AG Funday followed at 1:00 PM for Benchrest at the USI MPR.
Cost for both events will be one price. $10.00 for Diablo Club Members and $15.00 for Guests. If you prefer not to participate in the Benchrest segment of the day, you can continue to shoot at targets and practice.

For Fun Day, bring what you have to shoot up to .25 caliber. You may bring your own targets like balloons, cans, plastic bottles and the like to shoot. Shooting glasses required for all shooters and spectators.
You may also practice on paper targets or prepare for the benchrest match.

At 1:00 PM we will shoot benchrest at 25 and 50 meters. Bring your own rests and bags. We have some Caldwell front rests in the MPR office but you need a rear rest also.

Here are the rules and classes from the US Air Rifle Bench Rest Association and the World Rimfire and Air Rifle Benchrest Federation. There is certain to be a class for your rifle.
USARB
http://www.usairriflebenchrest.com/rules/

WRABF
http://www.wrabf.com/rules/WRABF%20&%20 ... 202021.pdf

Weather is forecasted to be warm, sunny with a pleasant high of 83 degrees. Perfect day for air gun shooting.

Hope to see you there.

Pat

May 25th, 2017, 1:42 am #2

NT

lhd

May 25th, 2017, 5:32 pm #3

Are you really camping on the thread of another airgun club to advertise a match with a competing date? Ifso, not kool, ifnot I don't read so well!

May 26th, 2017, 2:17 am #4

I am a member in both clubs.
NYB!

lhd

May 26th, 2017, 6:16 am #5

even worse.

May 26th, 2017, 1:11 pm #6

That means it is not your business.
When Pat sent me a personal email reminding me about the Airgun Fun Shoot and Benchrest, I told him about the FT match in Ione and why many of our shooters at Diablo would not be there. I told him this because he likes to bring snacks and drinks for the shooters and with this information he could judge on how much to bring.

Most of these same people were shooting with you in Riverside last week when we had our club match in Concord.

I have recently been granted posting permission by his editorship (Steve) so this is the last time I will respond to this ignorance but, if anyone south of the Tehachapi Mountain range is not busy, would they stop by LD's place and remind him to take his medicine.

I would appreciate it.

Stay safe.

lhd

May 26th, 2017, 6:12 pm #7

I'm not in Riverside. My health is of no concern to you. And I have ALWAYS felt that if a club holds a "special match or event intended to GROW the sport that nearby clubs should support them if at all pssible by refraining from holding "club matches" the same day.

I would say my opinion on this is of the majority for experienced FT shooters I know of.

May 27th, 2017, 12:27 am #8

The Diablo FT club and the Sacramento Valley FT club DO SHOOT ON DIFFERENT WEEKENDS month after month.
We support each others clubs with Many actively participating at both clubs venues monthly.

This is a case where the Diablo club is offering a FUN SHOOT independent of the monthly FT match that has created this conflict of date.

Not pointing fingers or dissing anyones efforts to get active shooters present at there venue ... but the obvious reason for Franks post is not really out of line.

Scott
Sac Vly FT Co-match director.

lhd

May 27th, 2017, 5:51 pm #9

Asking family and friends to support airgunning and perhaps being introduced to airgunning in a "Family Fun Shoot" versus shooting an actual match is a good thing for club to do, showing dedication and a spirit of giving back to the community. And informing and inviting shooters to attend a club Field target event is also fine.

Hosting of competeting events the same day is not MY primary concern here ... but rather, the slipping of one's competing event invite INTO the thread of the Original Poster's thread.

Those of us involved in growing airgunning have a right to an opinion, and this place still usually allows diverse opinions to be aired.