Regulated Marauder

Regulated Marauder

November 28th, 2009, 4:35 pm #1

I found a guy who is making regulators that will fit into the marauders. The catch is that they are set for 100bar output so he recommends tuning there to see if it is going to work, and I haven't heard of anyone tuning one to work at ~1500psi. Also for some reason there needs to be a tiny hole drilled into the air tube between the o-rings on the reg for the spring. Has anyone tried to get one set this low? I am waiting for a combro to arrive before trying it but would like to know about a starting point. I am shooting a .177 that seems to like CPHPs really well.
Here is his installation videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYzRLqp ... re=channel if you look for more by him there are a three more.
Last edited by minkling on November 28th, 2009, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 28th, 2009, 5:39 pm #2

-- down to 1500 psi(e.g. 3000 or 2500 start; 1500 end). , with 1500 being the last useable shot (fps. ft/lb; whatever the measure), has 'tuned' for 1500.

Assuming our friend is talking output pressure (safe to assume), this seems a pretty reasonable set point.

November 28th, 2009, 6:25 pm #3

I found a guy who is making regulators that will fit into the marauders. The catch is that they are set for 100bar output so he recommends tuning there to see if it is going to work, and I haven't heard of anyone tuning one to work at ~1500psi. Also for some reason there needs to be a tiny hole drilled into the air tube between the o-rings on the reg for the spring. Has anyone tried to get one set this low? I am waiting for a combro to arrive before trying it but would like to know about a starting point. I am shooting a .177 that seems to like CPHPs really well.
Here is his installation videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYzRLqp ... re=channel if you look for more by him there are a three more.
So what is the general thought for a lower pressure? Long slow hammer, Long fast hammer, short fast??

November 28th, 2009, 8:27 pm #4

That hole is critical, it has to be there. Through it the regulator senses what zero psi (g) is so it 'knows' when it gets to 100 bar. Without it, leaks past the rings will drive the output pressure up and up over time.

Once you drill the hole, you're of course committed to using the regulator from then on (or cobbling up a dummy or fitting a new tube).

FWIW there's a similar Russian design out there that's adjustable after installation, I've seen a U tube video of it going into the Edgun.

Doug Owen

November 28th, 2009, 8:58 pm #5

I think that is the same one. Looks like he made a nice copy of the Edgun. According to the video it can get as high as 170bar on the output side. Don't remember what input it would take. I wonder how one would figure out how many regulated shots you can get. Also wonder if you can go a little higher on the high pressure side since you don't have to worry about valve lock.

November 29th, 2009, 4:09 am #6

29 pfe with jsb 18 grain for 50 shots:
it's in dutch, you might want to use babelfish
http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?show ... 1033&st=60

November 29th, 2009, 1:43 pm #7

I think that is the same one. Looks like he made a nice copy of the Edgun. According to the video it can get as high as 170bar on the output side. Don't remember what input it would take. I wonder how one would figure out how many regulated shots you can get. Also wonder if you can go a little higher on the high pressure side since you don't have to worry about valve lock.
That looks like the same regulator. He certainly has it dialed in. Unfortunately I don't have those resources available. Might be able to open up the pressure gauge holder on a drill press and remove the sleeve that he found. Not sure how much of that is needed for a .177 though. Still waiting on the Combro that I bought to start tuning.

November 30th, 2009, 12:24 pm #8

The regulators Audrius builds can be easily adjusted by turning the knurled handle at the front. he just pre sets them to your requirements but they stay adjustable between 50-150 bars.
You do might want to watch yourself when drilling out the pressure gauge adapter as as only the ends can be opened up for volume and not the centre without the risk of damaging the treaded socket of the pressure gauge.

Mark

[/IMG]