Redid my 22xx pcp

Redid my 22xx pcp

August 8th, 2011, 12:24 pm #1

I ended up doing my 22xx pcp over mainly because the original shroud was no longer effective with using the original shroud that I had made up. I wanted a Ldc but figured I might be able to use the marauder shroud and improvise on the baffles.My second notion was that I wished that crosman had made a better looking 1377 backpack stock. I wanted to compliment the Don C tube so I tried my hand at stripping the Marauder shroud and before I knew it I did the frame as well. I hope you guys like it.. Its shooting around 40 fpe and its quiet to boot.

The last picture is the Marauder modified baffle that I originally posted.

August 8th, 2011, 1:17 pm #2

I like the look! Wish i would have been able to score a couple of the RJ breeches when he wa still making them. What is your treatment to the baffles if you don't mind. Looks interesting.

Tom

"What, me worry?"

"If I were two faced would I be wearing this one?" - Abe Lincoln

August 8th, 2011, 1:33 pm #3

I found some metal mesh at home depot that I wrapped using acoustic foam. Its not a original idea but it saves you from having to roll your own and it preformed and sturdy. You can search under that title..
Last edited by Kilohead36 on August 8th, 2011, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 16th, 2011, 3:37 am #4

I ended up doing my 22xx pcp over mainly because the original shroud was no longer effective with using the original shroud that I had made up. I wanted a Ldc but figured I might be able to use the marauder shroud and improvise on the baffles.My second notion was that I wished that crosman had made a better looking 1377 backpack stock. I wanted to compliment the Don C tube so I tried my hand at stripping the Marauder shroud and before I knew it I did the frame as well. I hope you guys like it.. Its shooting around 40 fpe and its quiet to boot.

It is what it is, because it is!!!

September 18th, 2011, 6:00 pm #5

Beautiful AG. May I ask where the stock came from ?

Dave