Recommended reading

Recommended reading

March 15th, 2012, 2:13 pm #1

I am behind reading Pyramid's blog. I just read this one and really liked parts of it.

http://airgun-academy.pyramydair.com/bl ... n-air-gun/

The most interesting part of it to me was about the cost of an airgun:

"Forget the cost. The thing to do is to figure out what you want. Dont allow cost to be a part of that process. The reason you dont want to let cost be involved is because cost, by itself, is meaningless. It doesnt add or detract from value. Cost doesnt make an air gun more accurate, nor does it make it more powerful. It doesnt even make it look better, though there are many who would argue with that! Cost is an artificial factor that people make up when goods and services are bartered."

I don't know that I completely agree with the statement but I definitely see where he is coming from. We often use price to determine if we think a gun is accurate or worth owning without really knowing how the gun performs.

Read the article and let us know what you think.

David Enoch

March 15th, 2012, 3:01 pm #2

for the price

March 15th, 2012, 5:47 pm #3

I am behind reading Pyramid's blog. I just read this one and really liked parts of it.

"Forget the cost. The thing to do is to figure out what you want. Dont allow cost to be a part of that process. The reason you dont want to let cost be involved is because cost, by itself, is meaningless. It doesnt add or detract from value. Cost doesnt make an air gun more accurate, nor does it make it more powerful. It doesnt even make it look better, though there are many who would argue with that! Cost is an artificial factor that people make up when goods and services are bartered."

I don't know that I completely agree with the statement but I definitely see where he is coming from. We often use price to determine if we think a gun is accurate or worth owning without really knowing how the gun performs.

David Enoch

that is not CO2 under $100.00. I have a local friend ask me that and a missionary friend wanting to take one back to Africa. The missionary friend is into firearms and would know how to get it there.
Last edited by crosman140 on March 15th, 2012, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 15th, 2012, 5:50 pm #4

for the price
thankfully you're response was also free

March 15th, 2012, 5:56 pm #5

that is not CO2 under $100.00. I have a local friend ask me that and a missionary friend wanting to take one back to Africa. The missionary friend is into firearms and would know how to get it there.
I would suggest a 392 or 397 if it is hard to find .177 pellets there. Even better would be an older gun which had better quality parts. I would suggest a rocker safety Sheridan but I suspect getting .20 pellets would be very difficult.

David Enoch

March 15th, 2012, 10:39 pm #6

David Enoch

nt

March 15th, 2012, 11:46 pm #7

David Enoch

OK, so cost is no object? I wonder if PyramydAir would GIVE me a new PCP with all the timmings for FREE!! LOL

I plink, therefore I am.

March 16th, 2012, 12:39 am #8

nt
The context is in trading airguns, not buying a new one. n/t