recommendation for scope for MRod 25?

recommendation for scope for MRod 25?

May 17th, 2012, 9:21 pm #1

Anyone care to give me some advice on the best scope for an MRod 25? I have a Centerpoint 3x9x40 that cost me $50 at Dicks. I can shoot with in a dime diameter consistently at 10 yds, but I have to be careful to position my cheek in the same place each time because of parallax. At longer distances parallax and trajectory drop becomes more of a problem.
I'm ready to spend more money on a better scope with parallax adjustment, but there are so many choices. I'm sure this forum has experience with scopes for MRod's, so please let me know what you recommend.
Thanks!
Frank aka FS2020

May 20th, 2012, 2:33 pm #2

ive got the leapers ao that pyramid air puts on their marauder package, its not a side wheel adjustable but its only $81.00, the hawkes go for hundreds of $$$$$. the leapers scope out of the box was taking crows @ 50 yrds no problemo. good luck

June 5th, 2012, 5:13 pm #3

Anyone care to give me some advice on the best scope for an MRod 25? I have a Centerpoint 3x9x40 that cost me $50 at Dicks. I can shoot with in a dime diameter consistently at 10 yds, but I have to be careful to position my cheek in the same place each time because of parallax. At longer distances parallax and trajectory drop becomes more of a problem.
I'm ready to spend more money on a better scope with parallax adjustment, but there are so many choices. I'm sure this forum has experience with scopes for MRod's, so please let me know what you recommend.
Thanks!
Frank aka FS2020
The 25 cal Mrods that I have set up have been absolute tack drivers. I have a 22 that shoots exceptionally well but I only have a $70 Leapers 3-9 X 40 AO mildot on it. My 25 cal is an absolute laser...therefore I thought it deserved better glass. I bought a used Hawke Sidewinder 30 Tactical 6.5-20 X 42 with the half mildot reticle. These scopes new are $430, which is nearing the cost of the rifle. Really depends on what type of shooting you will be doing, but if your rifle is incredibly accurate like mine, then the Hawke will help you squeeze every ounce of accuracy out of it. However there are some much cheaper alternatives that will also yeild excellent results, such as the Leapers that I have mounted on my 22.