Rapid70's P-Rod Bullpup opinions please..

Rapid70's P-Rod Bullpup opinions please..

January 5th, 2018, 5:45 pm #1

Thinking of investing in one of Rapid70's bullpup kits. Looking for feedback from anyone who's had experience with the vendor and /or the product. I'm a little concerned about ergonomics because I'm a lefty. Wondering if the magazine will interfere with cheek weld. Also concerned with length of pull as far as what others think about shootability with such a short, shoulder fired gun. I own a Mutant short and I have no problems with the size of that gun but this one seems smaller still which is why I'm fascinated with it.

[url[/img][/url]

January 6th, 2018, 4:57 am #2

I also think , just judging by the pics the mechanics of it are well sorted out.. wish I could see it next to a manufactured BP

January 6th, 2018, 2:00 pm #3

Last edited by rami939 on January 6th, 2018, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 7th, 2018, 1:55 am #4

yes , that's really tiny ! thanks for link

January 7th, 2018, 1:59 am #5

Rami , your COLBRI looks exactly like mine , it is spitting Image (twin) , I have to go & make sure I still have mine, (joke about looking for mine) Nice H/B, roger

January 7th, 2018, 1:28 pm #6

there's a chance that, as a matter of fact ,you may own that very same gun ,since I've sold it to another member of this forum,maybe 2 years ago .

Here's a picture of the serial number of that gun,so you can confirm if it's the same b/p

https://i.imgur.com/6xwKWfZ.jpg
Last edited by rami939 on January 7th, 2018, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 7th, 2018, 3:58 pm #7

thanks for the pic, it IS my H/B,i purchased 7-12-16 on yellow.. what can you tell me about it ? any info would be much appreciated. my email is ramjet1320atmsndotcom ph # is 815 433 four three o three, thanks, roger
Last edited by ramjet62 on January 7th, 2018, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 7th, 2018, 11:51 pm #8

Thinking of investing in one of Rapid70's bullpup kits. Looking for feedback from anyone who's had experience with the vendor and /or the product. I'm a little concerned about ergonomics because I'm a lefty. Wondering if the magazine will interfere with cheek weld. Also concerned with length of pull as far as what others think about shootability with such a short, shoulder fired gun. I own a Mutant short and I have no problems with the size of that gun but this one seems smaller still which is why I'm fascinated with it.

[url[/img][/url]
Hi there,

you'll need to get used to the short length ,but,is very manageable ,and also,since you're left hand shooter,the magazine sticking out to the right side ,might be an issue for you .

There's an easy fix for it,in the way of using of a single pellet tray ,which is what I'm using at the moment .

The rig is very light weight,which is perfect for hunting in hilly areas ,or ,to carry it in a back pack ,or boat/kayak .

"All that being said,since you already own a Taipan mutant short,I would stick to that gun ".

The only sacrifice would be the extra 5 inches longer,but you gain more shots,and more power with the Taipan .

I've owned a Taipan mutant short,so ,I know .

I bought my Prod already converted to what it looks like now,everything barely used ,and then,added a Robert Lane regulator and I've got some internal work done as well .

After all the stuff is added,you'll end up putting out the same money you pay for the Taipan,and,the Taipan short will smoke the prod any day of the week .

Hope these comments will help somehow to decide if it's worth it .

Is up to you Chief !

Good luck .

Last edited by rami939 on January 8th, 2018, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 8th, 2018, 1:33 pm #9

Thank you Rami. Much appreciated. NT

January 8th, 2018, 5:45 pm #10

I also have a Mutant short, and a Rapid 70 kit added to my Prod and a bunch of other modifications done to it as well. Sometimes I consider selling the Mutant just because I find the Rapid P easier to aim, smaller, lighter, and just as accurate (although at much shorter distances) and I'm also not concerned about it getting bumps and bruises like i am with the Mutant. The Mutant is the far superior machine, with much more power etc but I can't honestly say that I like it more. When I purchased it the Rapid mod was already done to it so I cant comment on if it was better as a pistol or not.

Pic's next to the Mutant Short