Rapid .25

Rapid .25

June 18th, 2017, 12:18 am #1

I have been looking for a good used higher end gun ($1200.00) I see adds for the Rapid AZ tuned, At various price points. I love the look of these guns. Is there anything I need to be aware of before buying one?
Thanx in advance.

Dennis

June 18th, 2017, 1:29 pm #2

I'm a big fan of Rapids and AZ does amazing work. I think the only thing you have to worry about is wanting more than one.

June 18th, 2017, 2:22 pm #3

I have been looking for a good used higher end gun ($1200.00) I see adds for the Rapid AZ tuned, At various price points. I love the look of these guns. Is there anything I need to be aware of before buying one?
Thanx in advance.

Dennis
$2700.00 I paid $3764.00 for a majorly modified .25 that was still from The original Factory stamped made in England. I NEVER should have let them go and NO one will ever pay what I did even though they were basically mint condition.
A new RAW is the SAME company and rifle except it comes with a quick fill, shroud, and gauge. The 3 most common things everyone sent their Rapid to AZ for.
If you get a RAW, it comes with everything for around $1800.00 and you can't beat that. You may still want a good scope professionally mounted and a target turret to dial in an exact POI out to 135 yards dead center cross hairs. Then you still have at least 4 Mil-dots.
You can dope your own target turret but he makes a very nice delrin one with a stop on it for $90.00, full scope printout and cost is more.
If you want an older AZ Rapid from England, make sure you are buying from a good member here, not a scammer. You can call AZ and see if he has any older Made In England ones available. If not he definitely knows someone who's selling something good.

June 18th, 2017, 5:26 pm #4

Thank you James,
You response is very helpful. I made an offer on that is listed as AZ tuned. I have dug around a bit and found little on "AZ" There are some vids from the UK on tuned Theaben's by Robert Taylor I think?.
The person advertising is within 50 miles so I would go look at it. He wants $1500.00 says in been in the safe for "several" years so probably needs new seals.I see them around from $1100.00 -$1350 So I am in the middle.I see where Motorhead had responded to some older threads, I am going to reach out to him and see if he works on them.
Thank you again

Dennis

June 18th, 2017, 6:16 pm #5

I'm a big fan of Rapids and AZ does amazing work. I think the only thing you have to worry about is wanting more than one.
+ Carrying ALL that Long Weight! n/t
Last edited by CheckUrSix on June 18th, 2017, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 19th, 2017, 1:58 am #6

Thank you James,
You response is very helpful. I made an offer on that is listed as AZ tuned. I have dug around a bit and found little on "AZ" There are some vids from the UK on tuned Theaben's by Robert Taylor I think?.
The person advertising is within 50 miles so I would go look at it. He wants $1500.00 says in been in the safe for "several" years so probably needs new seals.I see them around from $1100.00 -$1350 So I am in the middle.I see where Motorhead had responded to some older threads, I am going to reach out to him and see if he works on them.
Thank you again

Dennis
Dennis,
Was at a FT match in the bay area today ....
Yes I indeed work with Rapids of UK or USA origins.

Scott S

June 19th, 2017, 7:44 pm #7

Love them!!!!

This was my first part of the collection, most have been moved in and out of my collection:

June 21st, 2017, 2:29 am #8

Dennis,
Was at a FT match in the bay area today ....
Yes I indeed work with Rapids of UK or USA origins.

Scott S
I have 2 Theoben MFRs and one Mark II that Scott tunes and services for me. He knows these rifles! My Theobens are probably the most accurate rifles I own. Scott just went through what was supposed to be a highly accurate AZ tuned MFR that I just purchased. When I received it the valve was bent, the trigger was a mess and the rifle would not hold air. After I got it back from Scott it shoots lights out.

Jim in Sacramento