Quiting cigarettes

Quiting cigarettes

March 31st, 2017, 9:52 am #1

One thing I'd like to tell anyone young or old about the ciggies, they don't simply make you die, they make you live with pain. I think this is what I didn't understand. Diverticulitis is a problem with the colon, I had it and had 1/2 my colon removed. I had a colostomy for 7 months, I know there is worse exsistance for humans but this was pretty bad. My doctor that pulled out my 28 staples after my colostomy reversal surgery told me if I decide to start smoking again she will be seeing me again.

March 31st, 2017, 11:51 am #2

"if I decide to start smoking again she will be seeing me again"

You just want to see her or

March 31st, 2017, 12:55 pm #3

One thing I'd like to tell anyone young or old about the ciggies, they don't simply make you die, they make you live with pain. I think this is what I didn't understand. Diverticulitis is a problem with the colon, I had it and had 1/2 my colon removed. I had a colostomy for 7 months, I know there is worse exsistance for humans but this was pretty bad. My doctor that pulled out my 28 staples after my colostomy reversal surgery told me if I decide to start smoking again she will be seeing me again.
Quit smoking 41 years ago. April 29, 1976.

March 31st, 2017, 3:08 pm #4

I have no right to tell anyone to stop smoking after 40 years of smoking. I stopped a little over a year and a half ago, my wife on the 14th of Nov 2016. She went in for three stints and came out with a triple bypass and a walnut sized lump of cancer removed from her right lung. she went back in in December to have the rest of the cancer removed.
The one thing that drove the point home to my wife to stop smoking was the pain from the 3 drain tubes they had shoved in her chest. Now it is the pain in her bones from the chemo, she says this hurts worse. She has lost all urges to smoke and will tell you flat out what a Fool you are for are killing yourself slowly. Use a gun it's less painful. Mark

March 31st, 2017, 3:15 pm #5

Two pack a day smoker for 50+ years. Five years ago I saw someone with an e-cigarette. Got one and never smoked anther cigarette. It was surprising to me that I didn't even have a craving for another cigarette and the e-cig turned out to be a lot of fun with the different flavors and huge support base. I took a year to go from 18mg nicotine to 0 mg. Now I can take or leave the e-cigs but I credit them for helping me quit.

March 31st, 2017, 4:56 pm #6

other day I got a package,I opened it up and could smell cigarette smoke..I had to take the thing outside to air out..I was
thinking how could someone in-hell that smoke...poor lungs....

March 31st, 2017, 5:22 pm #7

I LOVE tobacco! (or maybe nicotine)
Started on a meerschaum pipe of all things, smoking black cavendish.
Eventually moved to Drum, then Newports, of course they were only $13.47 per carton when I quit.
How anyone can afford to smoke at current prices.....wow....

I still smoke sometimes when around smokers, but never more than one, and don't crave any more.
Snuff, of the variety which goes up your nose, can be a nice cig sub.

Phillip Morris sent me some Vuse coupons, they were ok, but I feel like the E-cigs are pretty dangerous on their own.
A friend who works at McDs got a vape so he could get a smoke break (or any break)
Smoking some peach cotton candy.....hold the nic.....
Last edited by gratewhitehuntr on March 31st, 2017, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 31st, 2017, 7:28 pm #8

I smoked from 18-31
I quit cigs. Got a vape mod
100% natural usda certified food glycerin and 2 mg nicotene i feel great. NOw and smell of cigs stinks!

March 31st, 2017, 10:53 pm #9

I quit this year on Jan 1. Been great! N.T.

March 31st, 2017, 11:44 pm #10

Pack a Marlburbles a day. Quit cold turkey one day in '95. That was a son-of-bitch. Told my wife "I just want ONE cigarette, but I want it to be as big around as a bean can and five foot long!" She always called them my Pimps.

I can sit right among a bunch of smokers now without the slightest bit of desire but that took about 4 years.

Sure did like it....

Started on a Hooka in college '68.