Quick product review for the Rum drinkers.

Quick product review for the Rum drinkers.

March 31st, 2012, 1:30 am #1

Captain Morgan's Black Castle 100 Proof Spiced Rum --- and Coke.

***** 5 Stars

I find it nicely fills the gap between Bacardi 151 and Coke -- which is somewhat too rough on the pallet and Captain Morgan's and Coke -- which is a bit too sweet and filling for the serious adult drinker.

Mixed 1/2 & 1/2 with Coke over ice this has a well balanced taste and is strong enough to remove the edge from your day w/o maxing out your blood sugar.

Please don't drink and drive.

March 31st, 2012, 3:03 am #2

I tend to prefer rums unflavored..and tend to like the flavor of darker rums compared to the lighter fare.

"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.

March 31st, 2012, 3:22 am #3

***** 5 Stars

I find it nicely fills the gap between Bacardi 151 and Coke -- which is somewhat too rough on the pallet and Captain Morgan's and Coke -- which is a bit too sweet and filling for the serious adult drinker.

Mixed 1/2 & 1/2 with Coke over ice this has a well balanced taste and is strong enough to remove the edge from your day w/o maxing out your blood sugar.

Just got back from the liquor store... had to try it myself... it is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD.

"On top of spring they also make summer, fall and winter rifles"

March 31st, 2012, 3:48 am #4

I tend to prefer rums unflavored..and tend to like the flavor of darker rums compared to the lighter fare.

"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.
Made in Guyana. Comparing it to Bacardi is like comparing cognac to grappa. In 151 it's smoother than 80 proof bat guano. We used to go to the pick your own strawberry farm and have frozen daquiry parties with 151 Lemon Hart. Called the "Jim Jones cocktails because of origin and punch.

March 31st, 2012, 2:38 pm #5

***** 5 Stars

would involve unflavored rum, your choice of brand, room temperature, and a glass.

small caliber joy

March 31st, 2012, 4:33 pm #6

***** 5 Stars

I buy the cheapest store-brand rum I can find, which is currently "Prestige" (80 proof) at $9.98 for a 1.75 liter jug.

I like it better than the much more expensive Bacardi, which has that distinctive sweet flavor.

Am I a connoisseur of fine liquors? HELL NO!

Howl

March 31st, 2012, 8:28 pm #7

***** 5 Stars

Kind of like Miller Lite in terms of flavor. Get yourself some Mount Gay Eclipse or Appleton's. Appleton's is fairly cheap in my local ABC store but actually a nicely flavored Jamaican rum. Also Myer's Planter's Punch. One thing about Lemon Hart 151 - you can add a good bit to a coke and it tastes pretty much the same. Haven't seen it around here for a while, though. Bacardi 151 is closer to Ever Clear by comparison.

March 31st, 2012, 10:50 pm #8

I buy the cheapest store-brand rum I can find, which is currently "Prestige" (80 proof) at $9.98 for a 1.75 liter jug.

I like it better than the much more expensive Bacardi, which has that distinctive sweet flavor.

Am I a connoisseur of fine liquors? HELL NO!

Howl
You will put Top-Shelf Synthetic Motor Oil in your Automobile, And a Rot-Gut distillate in you body?
Something is wrong hear Hal.

March 31st, 2012, 11:50 pm #9

.....I WILL put top-shelf Oil in my new automobile, and I WILL put rot-gut Rum in my body!

Feel free to change me!

Here's to ya!

Halliburton

Last edited by tracer69 on March 31st, 2012, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2012, 12:18 am #10

Kind of like Miller Lite in terms of flavor. Get yourself some Mount Gay Eclipse or Appleton's. Appleton's is fairly cheap in my local ABC store but actually a nicely flavored Jamaican rum. Also Myer's Planter's Punch. One thing about Lemon Hart 151 - you can add a good bit to a coke and it tastes pretty much the same. Haven't seen it around here for a while, though. Bacardi 151 is closer to Ever Clear by comparison.
Swears that Captin Morgan is best in his egg nog. I don't touch the stuff. It makes me more stupid than I am already.
Gary