Questions for KW or others that sell firearms on auctions....

Questions for KW or others that sell firearms on auctions....

July 5th, 2012, 7:03 pm #1

I intend to sell some stuff on online auctions; black powder firearms, airguns, and possibly a couple of modern powder burners.

First of all, do you prefer GunBroker or Auction Arms?

If I sell a modern firearm, the receiving FFL holder has to send me a signed copy of their FFL, then I can ship them the gun. What do I then have to do with the FFL? Anything?

Can I use the USPS to ship modern PB long guns or pistols as long as they are going to the FFL holder?

Thank you for any info!

Jeff
Jeff Marshall

July 5th, 2012, 8:26 pm #2

I have always been told the USPS will not ship handguns of any variety, PB or air.

July 5th, 2012, 10:24 pm #3

I intend to sell some stuff on online auctions; black powder firearms, airguns, and possibly a couple of modern powder burners.

If I sell a modern firearm, the receiving FFL holder has to send me a signed copy of their FFL, then I can ship them the gun. What do I then have to do with the FFL? Anything?

Can I use the USPS to ship modern PB long guns or pistols as long as they are going to the FFL holder?

Thank you for any info!

Jeff
Jeff Marshall
A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. A nonlicensee may not transfer any firearm to a nonlicensed resident of another state. The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/Suppor ... faqid=1118

July 5th, 2012, 11:25 pm #4

Thank you for any info!

Jeff
Jeff Marshall
nt

July 8th, 2012, 12:46 pm #5

Thank you for any info!

Jeff
Jeff Marshall
Shipping firearms:

Long guns can ship via the USPS (as well as UPS or FEDEX . . . FedEx ground is pretty affordable).

Hand guns MUST ship by "common carrier," such as UPS or FedEX. Both of those carriers require that you ship handguns Next or 2nd Day Air. Figure about $40 to $50 to ship most handguns. You do have to declare that you are shipping a firearm when you use these services.

When you ship a firearm to an FFL INCLUDE A COPY OF YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE. No, a license copy is not required by law, but many FFL's will not accept a shipment without it. An FFL must only record the name and address of the person he received the gun from, but many dealers are not comfortable with just that information. They want to see an ID. Their shop, their rules . . .